Chinese Symbols = Genesis Story

keenu

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 12:43 pm
Piffka
Thanks so much for that liquid sculpture site. Awesome!
I am going to try to take some myself.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 12:55 pm
Cool, glad you liked it. (I hope Algis sees it, too.) Apparently that is extremely high-speed work. Are you a photographer?

And, btw, welcome to a2k, keenu. I've been to St. Augustine -- that's a beautiful spot you live in. I had a marvelous morning once, waking up on the beach to a school of dolphins cavorting in the rosy sunrise waters just beyond the surf.

Hope you enjoy yourself around the forum. Lots of fun, but it can be addictive. Wink If you need any help, just ask and someone will tell you or direct you to someone else who can. The natives are friendly!
Piffka
0 Replies

keenu

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 01:03 pm
Nice to meet you, Piffka
I love photography. I have a digital and take thousands of photos. If I get a few really good ones I am happy. I don't know if my camera can handle the high speed...we will see. At least I'll have fun trying. I play around with Photoshop. I'll put a few over on the photography forum soon. Glad you were able to enjoy St. Augustine. It is beautiful, that is why I moved here (in 1959). Thanks for the welcome!
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 01:10 pm
heres t toast to you Piffka too !
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 01:20 pm
Sounds great, keenu. You must have been way ahead of the rest of us, going to St. Augustine back then. I was there in early 1977.

Good luck with the photos. There is a way to post your own photos here, in case you don't know. You have to get them onto the web, then usually you can just take the URL and paste it into an IMG command.

It needs to look like this:
[img] your photo's URL [/img]

There is an IMG button you can use if you're not in Quick Reply mode.

See you.
Piffka
0 Replies

PetriFB

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 12:21 am
traditional knowledge of Nations and the Flood

When it is a question of the Flood, we don't need to search for information about it only from nature, but we have evidence from it also in the traditional knowledge of nations. Has estimated, that these stories, which have been found from different parts of the world, would be at least 140-150 pieces. Many of these stories have naturally changed on the way, but however essential in those all is, that water is mentioned as the originator of the devastation. In many of these stories are mentioned also earlier prevailed good times, The Fall of man and the mixture of the languages which took place in Babel (Babylon) - in other words matters, about which the Bible also speaks.

These stories can be found as different tribes as Babylonians, Australian natives, China's Miao tribe, Africans' dwarfs of Efe, the Hopi Indians of America and Padago tribe in the North America. It, that the story of the Flood has spread very wide area around the world, seems to be a clear reference to it, that the Flood has after all taken place. For the example in the book " Earth" has been written of these stories:

If the world wide Flood wouldn't have been reality, so some nations would have put frightening volcanic eruptions, large snow storms, droughts... to destroy their bad ancestors. The universality of the Flood story is therefore one of the best evidences about its truthfulness. We could pass any kind of these legends as separate and regard it as a product of the person's active imagination, but together, from the perspective of global, they are almost indisputable.

Characters

According to the Bible when Noah went into the ark, was there in addition to him only seven other person in other words altogether there was eight person in the ark. (Gen 7:7 and 1 Peter 3:20).

However, it is interesting, that the same number eight and a clear reference to the Flood comes into view even in the characters, especially in Chinese writing system. For in Chinese writing system the ship symbol is a boat, in which there are eight persons in other words just the same number as in the ark of Noah! In the same way in a character Flood there is a figure eight! Therefore it can't be mere accident, that same number eight is connected with the ship symbol and also the Flood. This connection is certainly because of it, that also the Chinese have preserved the traditional knowledge about the same global Flood as other nations. They have also believed already in ancient times only in one God of the Heaven.

On the other hand in Chinese writing system there is also another peculiarity, word righteous. For character of this righteous word is composed of two different parts: upper part means a lamb and under is personal pronoun I. So there has been earlier a comprehension, that person can't by himself be righteous, but only when he is under the lamb, he is then righteous.

And getting of the righteousness in nowadays doesn't deviate about that, how Chinese have understood this matter already in ancient times. Also nowadays we must be in the same way below that Lamb, which God has given us, in other words we must be below Jesus Christ, that we would have righteousness. To this thing refer the next places of the Bible:

- (John 1:29) The next day John saw Jesus coming towards him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

- (1 Cor 1:30) It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God-that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.
0 Replies

non-denom christian

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 11:48 pm
Music speaks directly to the "brocca", an area of the brain near the ear. All thoughts that pass through to the the frontal cortex, the area of the brain behind the forehead and our brains area of reasoning, must pass first through the brocca. The brocca is like the gate keeper. Music magically passes through the brocca just as rhyming words do. Have you ever been able to sing the words to a song while your listening to it, but can't remember the words when the radio is not on?
Cool stuff. Beware of the music your listening to. It will sink in even if you don't like it.
0 Replies