Whose boat is it? part 2

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 02:07 pm
This is a theoretical question that I'm sure has been asked time and time again. I originally posted it in the poilitics forum, for what reason I don't know. So I decided to repost it here and see if I had some luck with responses.

Okay there is a boat called Aristotle's boat. This boat is very old and a young internet millionaire decides to buy the boat and refurnish it. So, piece by piece they tear this boat apart and throw all of the parts in a junkyard. An old man who once sailed upon Aristotle's boat sees the remains and is enraged. He begins to pick up all of the pieces and eventually rebuilds the entire boat, all with the original pieces of the boat. Now the question is, which boat is Aristotle's boat?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 658 • Replies: 3
No top replies

flushd

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 04:18 pm
HeeHee...what an idiot that guy is to throw out the original pieces! Why buy it then?! Weird; but i'm sure there are peeps who do this.

Which one is Aristotle's boat? Neither. Aristotle is dead. He doesn't have a boat. Laughing

p.s. This sounds like a q my gramps would have asked me: where there is no answer. Kinda like a koan. Just so he could get a rise out of me and to watch me make stupid faces. Razz
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 05:17 pm
Was that difficult to do?
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 05:42 am
The boat the old man rebuilds is aristotle's boat. The other one is just a copy. Idiot rich people. Go figure.

But as to who ownes the boat, I'd say the person who owned the junkyard.
0 Replies