Help with build of a web site

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 06:20 am
Hi,

I'm wanting to make a web site with audio clips. I want these audio files hosted on a server, but I have no experiance with servers.

Is there any servers avalible free for web developers?

Do you know any web sites that explain how to set up this sort of server (just a few pages and audio files)?

And how hard is this to achive? How hard is the code used to set this sort of thing?

Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 685 • Replies: 2
No top replies

lil cat luver

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 05:33 pm
I don't think you can do that for free. There are free web hosting though, you can try geocities. I'm pretty sure they allow audio files to be uploaded but they add ad banners onto your site, as do most free hosts. You can also try HostAffect for very low prices, starting from $15/year. No ads, lots of space and lots of bandwidth.
0 Replies

nighthawk

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 05:29 pm
any free hosting services such as yahoo/geocities will allow you to upload and use media files such as video and music etc. However the free services do not offer much bandwidth, which will be a real issue. Bandwidth is the amount of traffic you are allowed.

If you are given 500mb of bandwidth per month, and you upload a single 5mb music file, then that file can only be listened to 100 times, after which you will either be charged for the excess bandwidth, or your site will be taken offline until the next month.

If you plan on uploading lots of music, and your site is going to be busy, then you will need to look for a paid web hosting service. I currently pay about £10 a month for 10gb of bandwidth (about 2,000 downloads of your 5mb file).
0 Replies