Lost my Favorites list

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 03:17 pm
I have lost my MSN.com Favorites list. There is a version on IE, but it's incomplete, and I'm most unhappy. How can I get it back? Sad Sad Sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,058 • Replies: 10
No top replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 11:01 am
Tom, that happened to me when I had to clean my computer after being hacked about 18 months ago. We were unable to find anyone who knew how to restore the info, but maybe someone on the forum can help. My current complaint it that I recently upgraded my system from ME to XP. We asked Geek Squad to come out since the computer was having so many problems we wanted to make sure everything was done correctly. Well despite his assurance that everything was being copied and applied to the new system, I lost all my saved email, my outlook express files and the system is slow despite the fact I have cable hookup. Now the anitvirus program keeps flashing that it's about to disable itself and I'm thinking about buying a gun.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 11:50 am
Is the gun for you or the computer? I can sympathize with you because I have had similar problems and have been torn between destroying myself or my computer. I end up doing neither.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 01:21 pm
Actually fly, I'm setting my sights on the geniuses at Best Buy who created the "Geek Squad" and promised (at a semi-hefty fee) to fix all my problems and make my system the most powerful in the universe. The bigger these box stores get, the less service and choice you have. I should have called an independent local company and spent the money with someone who will acually pay taxes, not only in my state, but in the U.S. as well.

I have been sitting here about an hour and have discovered about a dozen more problems with this new system. The email is slow, I can't open the links in emails right now, if I get a response like yours, I have to back out of everything, log into the forum and search "my posts" in order to read your remarks.

How about it folks, you with me????? I think we should arrange a takeover of Best Buy. That's why I am thinking about the gun.

OK great, now the spell check won't work. I have been calling the geeksquad every day to get someone back out here, but so far all I have gotten is platatudes and "you have a nice day now" and "is there anything else we can do for you today" totalling forgetting that they haven't done anything yet. It was just installed last Sunday. Crap, you can't even give your money away, these places are so fouled up.

Y'all have a nice day now, I've got to check the yellowpages for gun shops. You reckon they are open on Sundays?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 01:28 pm
I don't know, Tomkitten. This has happened to me as well.

Now, I use Yahoo as my portal, and "bookmark" is not the same as "Favorites". Favorites are stored on my own computer, while Bookmarks are maintained by Yahoo, so even if the computer dies, I can access the bookmarks from any computer with an internet connection. You might consider this option in the future.

In a previous discussion, Craven did mention a security issue with having that list out there on the net somewhat. Personally, I don't care who knows what lumber yard I get my hardwoods from. If you do care, it's Willard Brothers Hardwoods in Trenton, NJ.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 01:52 pm
Wait till Homeland Security finds out you deal with Willard Brothers. What am I saying, we will all be great-great grandparents before Homeland Security finds out.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2005 02:38 pm
Lost my Favorites List
Well, I managed to reconstruct it, but am painfully transferring it to IE, item by item. When that's finally finished, I will export it from IE to Firefox which has got to be better than IE. I'm only on IE because Comcast uses IE, but now that I've installed Firefox I think life may be easier. I hope.

And I'm only with Comcast because there's no one else for high speed in our area.

Grrrrr
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 09:05 pm
Tom,

Regardless of what software you use, data loss is best dealt with by backups.

You can easily import/export backups from IE and most other browsers.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 09:06 pm
I use Firefox and export a backup of my "bookmarks" every week or so.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 09:37 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
I use Firefox and export a backup of my "bookmarks" every week or so.

One can do the same thing with IE and Opera
0 Replies

dntchaseme

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 11:15 am
Intrepid
wud u like to tell how we can save IE in opera
Imran Hashmi
Edit [Moderator]: Links removed
0044-7969012441
0 Replies