Creative Blockbusters: Please Add!!

flushd

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 10:03 am
I recently read a book called Creative Blockbusting. It was full of ideas for generating ideas and getting the old creative juices flowing.

Some days I get lazy. Some days I can't think of one dam thing to write about. I'm sure we all have days like that.

What do you do when you are stuck? Do you have any tried and true ways of getting going again?

I'll start:
* Pick a colour. Take a walk and note everything which is that colour. Write about it.
* Steal a line from someone else. A quote, first line of a poem, whatever. Write from there.
* Start writing about how you Wish your first sexual experience was like.
* Pick up a book or magasine. Circle random words. Scramble them up to make a sentence. Write off the idea it generates.
* Write down all the elements of a story. Choose one and start writing a list of all the possibilities you can think of. Write for pages until you are dry.

Anybody want to share? I'd appreciate it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 756 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Prince El

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 07:02 am
Another consideration; enlist all your problems and think if this could be a problem with others then thind of the possible solutions . well i guess that could generate a helluva lot of article and story ideas. its worked for me.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 02:48 pm
Imagine what the world would be like if....

That should get someone started good.
0 Replies

macaroni

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 11:29 am
Sometimes i read a book or watch a movie, and i feel different, and feel like the people in the thing. I have a differennt attitude and so many things to write of. Even when you listen to music, there are so many issues in the music, that you get something to write about.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 12:10 pm
I like to pull from my dreams...wierd emotional stuff happens there that I could never think of consciously.
0 Replies