The line between fan and moron

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2005 08:28 pm
I am watching the game tonight, and I look at these morons in the stands wearing Ray Lewis' jersey, and I think, wow, that guy spent, like $40 bucks for that shirt. Why? What the f*ck is smart about that? I can't see anyone over the age of fourteen being stupid enough to think that spending the incredibly overinflated prices the NFL charges, just so you can wear the "official" jersey of your favorite NFL criiminal (well, okay, they aren't all criminals, but the odds are definitely stacked towards that possibility) is a good idea.

There's being a fan, and then there is being a complete moron. Buying the jersey of your favorite player and wearing it proudly is the line at which being a moron is drawn.

Don't you agree?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,129 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2005 08:52 pm
No, not really.

I haven't purchased said jersey(I have a Schilling jersey I received as a gift). I don't really wear it, but I don't see someone buying one for themself being a moron. And actually, if it's an authentic jersey it's over $100.

Some people are huge fans...some people think they look good.

You want to know what a moron is? This thread made me remember from last weekend, I drove by a house with a huge Dale Earndhart(or whoever) flag, hanging in front of the door.

Besides, the fashion police need to first shoot everyone who wears their collars up.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 06:55 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
I haven't purchased said jersey(I have a Schilling jersey I received as a gift). I don't really wear it, but I don't see someone buying one for themself being a moron. And actually, if it's an authentic jersey it's over $100.

So you are telling us you would put out a shilling for a Schilling? If you aren't going to wear it could I have it? I need to make some new dust rags Laughing .

Getting back to the point of the original post of Kickycan...I see no harm or problem in someone investing in a piece of merchandise if it gives them some pleasure to be connected to the sport and/or a particular player. I have several baseball caps and even a David Welles (as a Yankee) jersey which one drunken night he signed as well as a copy of his best seller Perfect I'm Not and 3 signed photos of him (1 as A Toronto Blue Jay, 1 as a Yankee and 1 in a Padres uniform). Does this make me a moron or just a Wells obsessed whore?
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 07:04 am
I am a double moron Rams fan Very Happy

Isaac Bruce (the old style which the Rams brought with them from LA) and Marshall Faulk (the one they designed after they had been at St Louis for a while).
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 07:11 am
The line is crossed when you attend a game at an out door stadium in December, with a giant blue fro and strip yourself from the waist up to show the world your fat belly covered in blue paint that reads "GO LIONS!".
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 07:14 am
i think the line is crossed when people use house paint and cover their half naked bodies in their teams colors..... Shocked
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 07:39 am
No, you can't have my Schilling jersey Sturgis. I do wear it once in a while, but not often.

You know, only on first dates at really nice restaurants.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 07:40 am
Okay, maybe I was being a little too cynical yesterday. I agree with Bella and Shewolf.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 07:41 am
But spending over $40 on a jersey is still a waste of money.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 07:43 am
The ladies are right. When house paint is involved, you become, essentially, the very definition of moron.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 07:45 am
for many reasons too.

house paint is toxic on skin

you have to be shirtless to use it on your belly and unfortunatly only people with really
w i d e bellies choose to use them
:shudder:
0 Replies