The God of Death

real life

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 08:31 pm
flushd wrote:
LOL RealLife. Laughing

Ok, if you don't want to go into it, I'm cool with that. I was just wondering how you came to believe it is the correct position. Perhaps you are right to pleasantly tell me to buzz off Razz

Not at all. I simply mean that I did not choose what I believe based on it's appeal to me.

I believe what I think is correct, even if it doesn't agree with my desire or what would make me happy. Reality doesn't always go the way we think or wish it would, so choosing what to believe cannot be based on what I want.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 02:39 am
real life wrote:
flushd wrote:
LOL RealLife. Laughing

Ok, if you don't want to go into it, I'm cool with that. I was just wondering how you came to believe it is the correct position. Perhaps you are right to pleasantly tell me to buzz off Razz

Not at all. I simply mean that I did not choose what I believe based on it's appeal to me.

I believe what I think is correct, even if it doesn't agree with my desire or what would make me happy. Reality doesn't always go the way we think or wish it would, so choosing what to believe cannot be based on what I want.

Since it is an arbitrary "choice" to "believe" or "not believe"...I think you are overstating the case that it is not what you want.

And to suggest that "reality" has anything to do with what you "believe" is absurd. If you were interested in the "reality"...you would simply acknowledge that you do not know the stuff you are choosing to "believe"...and that most of your "beliefs" are nothing more than blind guesses about that stuff you do not know.
0 Replies