Which one o' these broads is gonna win tonight?

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 04:47 pm
Here's something for you all to focus on tonight while I'm out dranking.

8:00 PM tonight. US Open Women's Tennis Championship

Kim Clijsters (BEL) [4] vs. Mary Pierce (FRA) [12]

I like this Clijsters chick. Even though it really pisses me off that there is a silent "j" in her name. That's just annoying. She can actually do a frickin' split, while returning a ball! Amazingly jockish. And her opponent, Mary Pierce is just a bitch. Okay, not really, but I like this Clijsters chick. Did I say that already?

Clijsters

http://www.smh.com.au/ffxImage/urlpicture_id_1075340788667_2004/01/29/spt350_clijsters3001,1.jpg

Pierce

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/images/future_plumpers/mary_pierce/mpfat2.JPG
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,130 • Replies: 14
No top replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 04:52 pm
I guess I didn't pick the most flattering picture for either of them, did I? Hehehe...
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 05:10 pm
Wow, there is really a big lack of Women's Tennis fans on this site, isn't there? Oh well, judging by how many people check out the sports forums in general, I knew it was a stretch to try a thread like this anyways...just like how Kim Clijster streeeeeeetches to return a ball! Check her out! She's amazing, dammit!!!!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 05:12 pm
Okay, now I'm just talking to myself, aren't I? No problem for me. I'm used to it. Only 48 minutes until the match begins!!! Tune in, or DIE!!!!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 05:13 pm
Yeah, that's right...I said that. You'll DIE if you don't watch, you bastards!!!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 05:13 pm
Pierce, 'cause I root for the underdog... unless the favorite is UT.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 05:15 pm
Ah, finally, someone breaks up my conversation with myself. Clijster has never won a grand slam before. Pierce has already won it, and she's been around for years. She's already had the glory. In this way, Clijster is the sentimental favorite, in my mind. So there.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 09:00 pm
Not that anyone gives a damn, but Kimmy won! Yay! She's such a cutiepie. I love her.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 09:02 pm
What's the deal with Agassi? Is he still playing? Or did he get bounced?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 09:05 pm
Clijsters muscles - say now more
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 09:07 pm
Agassi's in the finals! Tomorrow! I hope he wins too!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 09:08 pm
Who does he play? Lederer?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 09:10 pm
Or Federer. I was thinking of the poker dude.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 09:13 pm
Yep. Federer. Can't wait. I want Agassi, but I don't see how he can beat this badass Federer guy.

Okay, I MUST go wander the streets of Manhattan now. Later.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 11:55 pm
I'm an old tennis fan, as in old, and sort of a tennis fan. Have barely paid attention lately, lately as in last ten years.

So, Pierce, she has long annoyed me, but Clisjters, spelling obviously wrong has been the lamblike unknown to me, but no, now Kicky showed me that picture... huh.

All these people are on drugs, or almost all.

I actually like Lindsay Davenport, the woman from San Diego. She is, first of all, sane. Has spent ten plus years being temperate to her sportmates, and to what avail. I'll agree and suppose she will too, she isn't a cutie. But she is there with character. I see her as an announcer one of these days, she has always had a great overview of the field, if they let her on tv, with her non sexiness. Excellent commentator, and feisty player.

Agassi, now for him I can get enthused.
0 Replies