Heling Finding Some ScreenSavers

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 11:36 am
Hello.

I'm looking for two specific screensavers which I used to have on a previous computer setup but since then have lost them. Sad

The first one was a falling leaves screensaver. The leaves appeared as if they were felling from the top of the screen to the bottom and when they reached the bottom, they would begin to pile up. Every once in awhile, they would be "blown away" and the pile would start over again. When the leaves were falling, you could still see your desktop with the icons and any open windows. I remember it seemed to go perfect with the "Autumn" desktop wallpaper that comes with Windows XP (screenshot here).

The other one was similar to the falling leaves screensaver, yet it was with snow. It had a similar affect: snow falling from the top of the screen to the bottom. It also played the song "Let It Snow". As with the leaves screensaver, you could still see the desktop.

I'm not sure where to look so maybe someone here can help me...I was hoping that maybe someone would reconize what the screen savers did and be able to point me in the right direction. Google search isn't helping much. It has found nothing like the ones I'm looking for.

BTW: both were free.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 804 • Replies: 1
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 02:34 pm
Running Google Searches on both "Falling Leaves Screensaver" and "Falling Snow Screensaver", I came up with thousands of hits. I didn't really look into any of them, since I don't use screensavers, but if what you're looking for is still available, you ought to be able to find it with Google; if you've pawed through the pile without success, one might begin to suspect what you're looking for may be no longer out there.

Now, all that said, I feel obliged to mention that "Free Screensavers", "Free Spyware Scans", "Free Browser Enhancements", "Free Music Download Assistants", and "Free Chat/Messaging Enhancements" are primary vectors for yuckware infestation. Not all such freebies are nasties, just almost all of them. Be very careful about selecting and installing any of that sort of stuff - research your choice thoroughly before trusting your system to that software's purveyor.
0 Replies