New PC,problem using

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2024 10:35 pm
My wife got a new desktop PC today. When we fired it up we hit an immediate roadblock. It said we need to install our internet connection. Well we have an ethernet line running from mine to hers. Never a problem before. But now I have had so many numbers thrown at me over the years I don't have the right password and it blocked Xfinity. But it won't relinquish the page. Nothing I have done lets us bypass that page. Even restart does not work.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 498 • Replies: 7
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2024 06:31 pm
We had an expert look into it. It simply locked up and no effort of his could make it work. Getting ready to get with customer support.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2024 10:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
We boxed it up for return
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2024 10:37 pm
Seems like life is just full of nasty little surprises.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 16 Jul, 2024 11:26 pm
@roger,
Life is like a box of turds. You never know if you're having balls, logs, or patties.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2024 05:24 pm
The replacement computer was an amateur's nightmare. It demanded an internet connection before doing the setup. For the internet I had my user id and log in, but it wasn't enough. It demanded the network security key. It took half of the day to figure out that meant the information on the bottom of the router. The title of the router had a log in number below it. When I tried the log in number it was still no dice. I logged in the title and then it asked for the key. I had a connection. I turned that new beauty over to the wife and returned to this crap machine. Smile
roger

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2024 08:44 pm
@edgarblythe,
I have to wonder why they made things like this so difficult
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2024 09:17 pm
@roger,
The last time we did this I plugged everything in and it was good to go. It couldn't be for security could it; since security's a joke?
0 Replies