US is the cause of Ukraine’s failures in the war against Russia

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2024 01:38 pm
I was born and raised in Ukraine but have lived in the US for over 10 years. I don’t know much of what is going on in my motherland but now I’m worried about Ukraine, because of its war against Russia. This is what I don’t understand: why don’t the allies provide the necessary military support to the Ukrainian army? As a matter of fact, the US government sends the old, useless military junk marketing it as the peak of its efforts. As a Ukrainian living in the US, I am disgusted by this hypocrisy happening every day.

Actually, I think none of the politicians intended to give any serious help to Ukrainians in order to fight the Russian aggression. They just want to delay this endless war as it allows them to boost their poll numbers, earn electoral points and distract their own population from internal issues.

I assume that Americans would never even consider provide any real support for Ukraine. The current presidential elections could not change anything here. The main reason is your own greediness and indifference to what happens to other nations. I know what I’m talking about. You think only about how to get richer off conflicts in other countries and are unable to sacrifice your comfort for the sake of other’s wellbeing.

No one asks the US to send their own troops but I believe the most developed countries like the US must share their money and resources with Ukraine. It wouldn’t harm the US if they slightly raise their taxes and prices and the collected money are sent to Ukraine. This country being the American protective shield in Europe by all means deserves such a support from the US.

glitterbag

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2024 02:12 pm
@roycopter,
It would be smart to raise taxes, but the conservatives heads will explode if they think THEY would have to pay taxes.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2024 04:52 pm
@roycopter,
roycopter wrote:

I was born and raised in Ukraine but have lived in the US for over 10 years. I don’t know much of what is going on in my motherland but now I’m worried about Ukraine, because of its war against Russia. This is what I don’t understand: why don’t the allies provide the necessary military support to the Ukrainian army? As a matter of fact, the US government sends the old, useless military junk marketing it as the peak of its efforts. As a Ukrainian living in the US, I am disgusted by this hypocrisy happening every day.

Actually, I think none of the politicians intended to give any serious help to Ukrainians in order to fight the Russian aggression. They just want to delay this endless war as it allows them to boost their poll numbers, earn electoral points and distract their own population from internal issues.

I assume that Americans would never even consider provide any real support for Ukraine. The current presidential elections could not change anything here. The main reason is your own greediness and indifference to what happens to other nations. I know what I’m talking about. You think only about how to get richer off conflicts in other countries and are unable to sacrifice your comfort for the sake of other’s wellbeing.

No one asks the US to send their own troops but I believe the most developed countries like the US must share their money and resources with Ukraine. It wouldn’t harm the US if they slightly raise their taxes and prices and the collected money are sent to Ukraine. This country being the American protective shield in Europe by all means deserves such a support from the US.

First of all, why does any country HAVE to come to the aid of another? You are so down on the US but you live there! Talk about hypocrisy! Why haven't you returned to fight for your homeland?

Secondly, are you putting this message out there on chat boards in other countries? Why just the US? I think you should move back to the Ukraine and work on solving its problems instead of spewing your bile here, criticizing and blaming the very country that let you live there.

Thirdly, there are lots of things going on that aren't reported on. You don't know any more about the equipment they sent over than anyone else. Here's an article that outlines what the US has given to your homeland, you dickhead.

https://www.cfr.org/article/how-much-us-aid-going-ukraine#:~:text=From%20the%20total%20%24175%20billion,to%20the%20government%20of%20Ukraine.&text=Weapons%20and%20equipment%20are%20provided,and%20Foreign%20Military%20Financing%20Program.

Excerpts:
Since the war began, the U.S. Congress has voted through five bills that have provided Ukraine with ongoing aid, doing so most recently in April 2024. The total budget authority under these bills—the “headline” figure often cited by news media—is $175 billion. The historic sums are helping a broad set of Ukrainian people and institutions, including refugees, law enforcement, and independent radio broadcasters, though most of the aid has been military-related. Dozens of other countries, including most members of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and the European Union (EU), are also providing large aid packages to Ukraine.

Much of the U.S. aid has gone toward providing weapons systems, training, and intelligence that Ukrainian commanders need to defend against Russia, which has one of the world’s most powerful militaries. Most Western analysts say the military aid provided by the United States and other allies played a pivotal role in Ukraine’s defense and counteroffensive against Russia.

Here's what Canada (with a measly population of 41 million!) has sent: https://www.canada.ca/en/department-national-defence/campaigns/canadian-military-support-to-ukraine.html#

Excerpts:
Since the beginning of 2022, Canada has committed $4 billion in military assistance to Ukraine. This funding will allow Canada to deliver military assistance to Ukraine through to 2029.

Canada's military contributions, including training, equipment, and transport, have been integral in Ukraine's counter offensive to-date, and we will continue to provide Ukraine with the support it needs to defend its sovereignty, freedom, and independence.

Since the invasion in February 2022, this has included:

The training of over 5,000 members of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in third locations with the recommencement of large scale individual training, on both basic and specialized skills in concert with our Allies.

The deployment of aircraft to assist with the delivery of Ukraine bound military aid not only from Canada, but from Allied and partner nations. Since March 2022, the amount of aid delivered by Air Mobility Detachment - Prestwick, has totaled over nineteen million pounds.

From April to July 2022, the CAF provided assistance to Ukrainian refugees in reception centres located in Warsaw, operated by the Polish Territorial Defence Force. During this time, CAF members helped thousands of refugees with administrative support, limited medical care, mental health supports, and spiritual services.

Here's what the UK has contributed:

UK military assistance
The UK is one of the leading donors to Ukraine, alongside the US and Germany. The UK has pledged £12.5 billion in support to Ukraine since February 2022, of which £7.6 billion is for military assistance. This includes £3 billion for military assistance in 2024/25.

The UK is providing both lethal and non-lethal weaponry, including tanks, air defence systems and long-range precision strike missiles. While the UK has committed to training Ukrainian fast jet pilots, combat fighter aircraft will not be provided.

The UK is also hosting a training programme (Operation Interflex), which is supported by several allies. Over 30,000 Ukrainian personnel have been trained so far, with the aim of training a further 10,000 by mid-2024.

Here's what NATO has contributed:

The European Union is also providing non-lethal and lethal arms and training through its European Peace Facility (EPF). This is the first time the bloc has, in its history, approved the supply of lethal weapons to a third country. To date, the EU has committed €11.1 billion of EPF funding for military support to Ukraine, including €5 billion for a dedicated Ukraine Assistance Fund which was agreed in March 2024. Reaching agreement on that fund has taken several months amid disagreements on the size of the fund and how it should operate.

What have YOU, a native Ukrainian, contributed except ingratitude to your new country? Asshat.

0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 3 Jul, 2024 08:41 pm
In addition, countries around the world are coming to your country's rescue by aiding their escape, sending food and money, taking in and caring for your fellow countrymen and women. In my city alone on the local social media people have offered space in their homes, clothing, transportation, money for kids' sports, providing income/jobs, etc. There are appeals for Ukrainians by non-Ukrainians everywhere you look. And we are not the only city in Canada or elsewhere to do so. Does that goodwill count for nothing?

You are an ungrateful sot. Why haven't you gone back to your home country to help?
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2024 09:37 am
@roycopter,
The refusal of the Republican Congress to authorize arms shipments for six months definitely caused setbacks for Ukraine. But a majority of the US wants to support Ukraine. The thing is, attitudes like yours might result in current supporters changing their minds. In addition, if Trump is elected you can expect nearly all aid to cease and he and his supporters really don't care what Ukrainians think about our alleged greediness and indifference. They revel in it.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2024 09:42 am
@hightor,
You said it much better than I did. Frankly, "revel" is the most important word.
0 Replies