September DVD Releases

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 01:05 pm
With the ending of this month, comes the beginning of a brand new month of home entertainment pleasure. Here are a select few new releases:

TV
1. Desperate Housewives: The Complete First Season
2. Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story Unrated
3. Everybody Loves Raymond: The Complete Fourth Season
4. Las Vegas: Season Two - Uncut & Uncensored

Film
1. Lords of Dogtown: Unrated Extended Cut
2. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
3. The Longest Yard (2005)
4. Mallrats: 10th Anniversary Extended Edition

Any purchases in store????
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 682 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Able2Believe

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 03:25 pm
I see no one replied. Did anyone happen to get any of these? Before I discuss October releases, maybe we should discuss September's-- anything?? Hitchhikers, maybe? Stewie Griffin, perhaps?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 08:29 am
The most interesting release in September was the four-disc collector's edition of Ben Hur. Not only does it contain the complete 1959 wide-wide-screen epic, along with all of the special features that one would expect, but it also contains the 1925 silent version of Ben Hur, with an orchestral score by Carl Davis. The Charlton Heston version has been out on dvd for quite some time now, but, as far as I know, this is the first time that the Ramon Novarro version has been released in this format. Plus, at less than $40 (and less than $30 on Amazon), it is reasonably priced. A double treat for fans of big budget biblical epics.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 08:31 am
Thanks for the heads up! I've seen Ben Hur way too many times (likely over 30) to want to see it again but would like to have that collection.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 09:45 am
A great idea to place the silent version on the same disc as the William Wyler Super Panavision version. I have no plans to purchase any on your list but this is not the entire available DVD September releases. IMDb has a weekly update which I used to post on the forum but got too busy with work.

This week:

"Desperate Housewives": 1st Season - DVD
The Longest Yard - DVD
The Outsiders: Coll. Ed. - DVD
"Bob Dylan: No Direction Home" - DVD
Scary Movie 3: Unrated Ed. - DVD

I wouldn't mind revisting "The Outsiders" or rent the Bob Dylan film but not much interest in the rest (I do watch "Desperate Housewives" so rewatching it is not a priority).

Next week:

Robots - DVD
"Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story!" - DVD
"Enterprise": 3rd Season - DVD
We're No Angels - DVD
"The Amazing Race": 1st Season - DVD

"We're No Angels" is the highlight here as far as I'm concerned -- I'll wait for "Robots" to show up on HBO or Showtime.
0 Replies

Able2Believe

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 03:10 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
I have no plans to purchase any on your list but this is not the entire available DVD September releases. IMDb has a weekly update which I used to post on the forum but got too busy with work.

Oh I know-- I just gave a handful of some of the bigger mentions -- like Hitchhiker's and Desperate Housewives -- to see if anyone planned on getting those. I figured if I put less popular ones, no one would have known what I was talking about...
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 04:47 pm
well so far this week I have watached:
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
The Longest Yard
Madison
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 05:19 pm
well?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 05:48 pm
Have virtually no interest in renting "Hitchhiker's Guide..." and certainly would not purchase it. I'm not going by the critic's panning the movie but also by friends and family who said it reeked to high heaven. I will stick to the BBC series if it comes back onto cable. The best entry is the extended version, again, of Francis Ford Coppola's "The Outsiders" whose cast is virtually a who's who of future stars.
0 Replies

Able2Believe

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 12:33 pm
husker wrote:
well so far this week I have watached:
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
The Longest Yard
Madison

How was the Longest yard?? Did you get to see any of the special features on Hitchhikers? The "fake" deleted scenes?
0 Replies