Responses that have disappeared

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 01:55 pm
I had a couple of responses simply disappear today.

I did not use foul language -- I was not especially argumentative (well, maybe I was a bit argumentative) -- and I was appropriate.

If a monitor deletes a response -- is the "offender" notified of why the response was deleted?

I'm sure I did all the correct things in posting my responses -- but they ain't there.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,491 • Replies: 7
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 02:02 pm
Sometimes there are pagination errors -- that makes it look like the responses have disappeared when they haven't. It usually is solved pretty quickly.

What responses did you have in mind?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 02:30 pm
I'd be surprised if anyone in authority pulled your posts, Frank. I've seen your work; it's not so harsh. Certainly not compared to some of what I see on A2K on a daily basis!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 02:33 pm
Frank, do you have the url? It's probably a pagination error, as sozobe says. That's a software thing.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 03:31 pm
Hey Jespah

I am working in so many different threads, I'm not sure which it is. As I work my way through the stuff tomorrow, I'll look the threads over carefully -- and try to get back with specifics.

I'm happy it probably is a pagination error rather than a yank. I've really tried to keep myself in check.

I'll get back to you either way.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 03:34 pm
Thanks D'Artanan. I'm trying to keep my nose clean.

Thanks Sozobe. As I mentioned to Jespah, I'll be checking further.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 03:38 pm
The overwhelming majority of situations in which a member thought a post was pulled have not been cases in which a post has been pulled.

Reasons for confusion:

Forums that "prune", such as the testing forum. These forums regularly delete old topics automatically.

Pagination problems.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 08:40 pm
Thanks, Kraven

I may have something else to add to your list of possible problems.

But first, I did find one of the missing posts. There was another post to the thread -- I went there - and when I backed through it, there it was. Apparently a pagination problem.

BUT...I did write another reply and clicked on the "preview" button instead of the "submit" button -- and damn near left the thread -- which would have resulted in no reply being submitted.

I caught my mistake at the last second.

Perhaps that is what I did in one of the other cases that I thought a response had been yanked.

Gotta be more careful.

Thanks for the help folks, everythink is now 5 x 5.

Whew, glad my posts have not become "postes non grata."
0 Replies