Ireland

BDV

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 05:45 pm
I am from Northern Ireland, any questions feel free to ask, but be warned it rains here alot, hence green grass, and if you come over here expressing a political viewpoint on our situation, then beware saying the wrong thing in the wrong place is very dangerous, best advise is to say nothing it is not always obvious where you are.
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 05:59 pm
BDV wrote:
I am from Northern Ireland, any questions feel free to ask,

Thank you.

Should the Rev. Ian Paisley be canonised by the current or some future pope?
0 Replies

BDV

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 06:15 pm
I am just surprised he wasn't elected when the last one died
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 06:49 am
I'v been to Ireland many times but never the north. Seriously thinking about coming over. The N has some of the best coast line and scenery on the whole island...so I've been told.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 07:00 am
I been to Ireland . . . they all talk funny . . . my mother's people are Antrims . . . we used ta own most of the good real estate there . . . then all them Prods moved in, so we left as the neighborhood was goin' ta hell . . .
0 Replies

BDV

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 07:01 am
The north and south are very scenic, it would be hard to find a nicer location that is so varied and historical, I still love my day trips with the family

http://www.4windstravel.com/shows/ireland/northern/i225-10.jpg
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 07:06 am
Setanta wrote:
I been to Ireland . . . they all talk funny . . . my mother's people are Antrims . . . we used ta own most of the good real estate there . . . then all them Prods moved in, so we left as the neighborhood was goin' ta hell . . .
Dont blame you. Are you coming back to claim your inheritance?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 07:08 am
Naw . . . too many Prods . . . they all sound like Ian Paisley . . . i can "do" Paisley well enough to send shivers down the spine of any good Paddy . . .
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 07:24 am
We had an office in Cork and I was doing a lot of work for the race horse industry up in Kildare and with the courts in Dublin. I was always amazed at how easy travel by train could be.
One of my Irish colleagues and I took many field trips around the North to see the old castles(the only name I recall is benbane(whixh aounds like the perfume nut ben-ben). I was amazed also, at the remnants of the old highway signs that depicted that the area was once a"working" sniper area. As I recalled it showed a silhouette with a guy raising a rifle high in the air. I hope that it remains violence free. Itd be nice to have a whole generation that doesnt remember
the violent times.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 07:27 am
I had to say that Ireland left me with the warmest feeling for the people but thge worst memories for the food.

The only worse food Ive eaten was in Nigeria and we had grubs there
0 Replies

BDV

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 07:31 am
Set, you obviously know very little about northern ireland apart from the one sided rubbish that you get from republican propaganda, also define a good paddy ? Maybe this newsclipping will remind you of what terrorism can do...

Setanta wrote:
Naw . . . too many Prods . . . they all sound like Ian Paisley . . . i can "do" Paisley well enough to send shivers down the spine of any good Paddy . . .

http://www.battlehill395.freeserve.co.uk/Omagh%20bomb%20victims%202.jpg
0 Replies

BDV

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 07:34 am
Incase you didn't know that was the omagh bomb against "Too many Prods"

http://www.battlehill395.freeserve.co.uk/Omagh%20bomb%20victims.jpg
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 09:29 am
And so we start the Irish civil war here as well ... Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 09:38 am
Apparently, Walter, that is BDV's intent . . . it seems that i'm ignorant because if don't espouse Prod propaganda . . .
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 09:41 am
Setanta wrote:
Apparently, Walter, that is BDV's intent . . . .

I agree - he's doing the anti-catholic work on other threads as well .... quoting from totally unbiased sources etc
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 09:43 am
Isn't that wonderful . . . all points of view represented . . .

The Papists are coming ! ! ! The Papists are coming ! ! !
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 09:44 am
My Catholic Culture and Heritage is Priceless. Laughing
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 09:52 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
And so we start the Irish civil war here as well ... Crying or Very sad
no. The Irish war is over...one of the real lasting achievements of Tony Blair's first term in office. The institutions of devolved government may not be fully up and running yet...and sometimes willfully obstructed..but there will be no return to politics through the armalite or bomb.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 09:55 am
I find BDV's attitude alarming, though, Steve. He apparently would like to see it start up again, or at least to continue to peddle anti-Catholic hate. In another thread, he went off because i spoke of narco-terrorists from the UDF and the Provos peddling crack. He immediately assumed that i'm anti-Protestant.

Sadly, it will be many a long year before the hateful attitudes are gone in the six counties.
0 Replies

BDV

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2006 09:59 am
Maybe when you experience 30 years of that crap you would understand, i fought for peace and will never let go of it, and i will let no foreigner dictate to me what they believe is correct, no matter where their grand parents come from.

I posted a reasonable comment, and got in response anti-paisley, anti-prod and comments about the way we talk, is that reasonable ????
0 Replies