Trying to find the title of a film for the early 2000s

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2024 03:12 pm
I saw parts of this film on tv many years ago, so I don't remember much of it. I'm going to write in bullet points the things that (I think) I remember from the film.
• This young woman, probably mid 20s, had gotten out of jail and was trying to rebuild her life.
• Her brother was helping her with stuff. He had been taking care of her daughter.
• The woman was putting her child's car seat in the front seat of her car, but her brother told her the laws had changed and her daughter can't sit in the front seat.
• She got a job at a school. She was outside with the children and she had her hands up and was having the children practice punching her hands. Another teacher told her she couldn't do that and had to stop.
• She was having a birthday party for her daughter and something upset her. Her dad came into the room and she started crying to her dad, and she leaned onto her dad. He put his arms around her to comfort her, and then he grabbed her chest. The brother was in the other room and peaking around the corner. The brother was looking upset about what he saw, but I don't remember that he said anything to stop it.
I think that SA at the hands of her father is a big part of the story, and why she's had so many issues.
• Later she was (possibly crying) running without shoes, down the sidewalk. I think this happened after her dad was inappropriately touching her.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 537 • Replies: 1
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2024 07:40 pm
@BombFlower,
Perhaps "Sherrybaby"?

Synapsis: Sherry Swanson has just finished three years inside on drugs charges. Determined to go straight and stay clean for the sake of her eight-year-old daughter Alexis, she has to cope with a halfway house that isn't much better than prison and an uncaring parole officer. What makes it harder is the close relationship Alexis has built up with her brother Bobby and his wife Lynette.
0 Replies