Christmas Movies

jcboy

Reply Sat 23 Dec, 2023 07:28 pm
I like old Christmas Movies, tonight we’re going to watch The Bishops Wife with Cary Grant. Tomorrow we’ll watch the old classic A Christmas Carol, the original, I bought them on DVD 🙂
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 794 • Replies: 6
No top replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2023 10:13 pm
@jcboy,
Tonight we watched "It's a wonderful Life", I haven't seen it in years but I thought I would remember everything..........I didn't, it was like watching a brand new movie. It WAS in black and white before that theme became a nostalgic tribute or artsy-fartsy.
jcboy

Reply Mon 25 Dec, 2023 09:17 am
@glitterbag,
I like that movie. Most of the classic black-and-white movies have been colorized. I'd rather watch them in their original black and white versions. I have quite a few old black and white movies, usually find them on Amazon.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 25 Dec, 2023 09:54 am
@glitterbag,
Can’t imagine that movie being made in color. It would be senseless to fiddle with success, not that doing that bastardization would stop them.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 25 Dec, 2023 05:32 pm
@glitterbag,
Speaking of Its a Wonderful Life, here’s a piece of trivia for those who indulge in sharing trivia. What two minor characters in the movie “might have” become very important namesake characters in the well-known PBS series Sesame Street?
glitterbag

Reply Mon 25 Dec, 2023 07:30 pm
@Ragman,
I'm going to have to check that, I used to be pretty good with Trivia (especially the old old old stuff) but I don't recall the names of the characters. I'll be back.
Ragman

Reply Mon 25 Dec, 2023 08:52 pm
@glitterbag,
Yup. Do that.

Zu-Zu said, “Every time a bell rings, an angel gets his wings.”

I took this Bert-Ernie trivia info as gospel until earlier I read where it indicated it might be a coincidence.

The two characters were the taxi driver (played by actor Frank Faylen), the actor who played Dobie Gillis’s dad) and the cop (actor Ward Bond of WagonTrain fame). These were bit characters Bert and Ernie in the movie.

{I’m doing this from memory. Let’s see how I did?}
0 Replies