Summer 2005 movies

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 10:18 am
I saw Red Eye yesterday- it wasn't that hyped up as I thought it should be. McAdams and Cillian Murphy- great acting. Director: wes craven- nice style. The story was a bit lacking.

I heard the 4 brothers is good. "the 40-year old virgin" looked hilarious and got great reviews in rottentomatoes.com.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,770 • Replies: 20
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 10:27 am
Wedding Crashers is still my favorite of the summer.
0 Replies

rhythm synergy

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 10:29 am
Hehehe. I heard it was extremely funny. A lot of nudity though i heard.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 10:42 am
The only movie I saw this summer was Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Having young children, I usually don't get to the movies unless it is a kiddie flick.

I also heard the 40 year virgin movie supposed to be very funny -supposedly a similar type of comedy as Wedding Crashes.
0 Replies

rhythm synergy

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 10:44 am
Did you like Charlie and the chocolate factory? I haven't seen it
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 11:00 am
I did like it and surprisingly I did not find that it was too scary for young children. My children 2 and 6 did not think it was very scary. Many Disney movies are much more scary.

I do like the original a little better - better music and more of it. And perhaps because I grew up on it. I also like the ompah loopahs in the original better, but the snobby girl scence in the new one is quite good.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 12:02 pm
rhythm.synergy wrote:
Hehehe. I heard it was extremely funny. A lot of nudity though i heard.

I think there was about 3-4 minutes of boobs total in the whole movie.
0 Replies

thiefoflight

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 08:26 pm
My favorites of the summer were
Kung Fu Hustle
Murderball
Howl's Moving Castle
Batman Begins
Mad Hot Ballroom
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 08:49 pm
Hustle & Flow.
Good movie. Strong performances all around.
0 Replies

dancingnancy

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 09:40 am
I loved Wedding Crashers...next on my list is Flightplan with Jodie Foster....looks awesome.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 09:44 am
40 Year Old Virgin was great but there was A LOT of language. (Due to subject matter, of course!)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 09:57 am
I loved 40-y-o-v too. I haven't yet seen wedding crashers, but I want to.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 10:01 am
Well, I watched "Sahara", but it was rather disappointing.

"Hostage" was a really great cliff hanger.

I do want to see "Batman Begins".

I no longer go to the cinema, however. Just rent stuff.
0 Replies

rhythm synergy

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 12:03 pm
I saw the excorcism of Emily rose- I know it's not really a summer flick. But it's pretty interesting. It's not really that scary- it's more of a different view at the highly popularized idea of excorcism as promoted by "The excorcist."

I saw 40 yr-old virgin as well. It's funny, but pointless: just the right ingredients for a summer flick hit. But it's too shallow for me. I didn't really like the green humor.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 08:12 pm
green humor?
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 04:46 am
I'm a Terry Gilliam fan (Brazil) wondered if any one has seen his latest endeavor The Brother's Grimm
We don't get it here in Britain until new year 2006 but its been playing in Canada and I think in the States for a while now. Anyone got anything to report on that? Good or bad? Hope Terry hasn't blown this one.

ps. Green humor? I'm intrigued.
0 Replies

rhythm synergy

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 12:23 am
haha sorry. It means dirty jokes. But that's the whole plot of the movie ain't it? Even the title implies it. It was funny still though. Shouldn't have brought my younger siblings along.. hehehe (*only funny to those who've seen it)
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 06:41 am
Interesting. I thought dirty jokes and bad language was blue humor, not green. Different countries, I guess.
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 03:17 am
OMG
I thought The Brothers Grimm (Terry Gilliam) was terrible. Some good acting from the main actors but the script! the sets! the plot!?! the terrible jokes at the expense of the French!!
We're old enemies with the French, (after all, they helped America gain their independence)... but they're still our european neighbours and I was offended by the cheap gags.
OMG Terry - WHF were you doing???

Probably trying to make money for a third attempt at La Mancha.
0 Replies

thiefoflight

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 06:57 am
I hope his new film, TIDELANDS is better!
0 Replies