Ignorance/Innocent?!

flushd

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 06:09 am
What distinguishes ignorance from innocence?
I've been thinking about this lately.
Any thoughts?

Please no dictionary definitions:)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,676 • Replies: 22
No top replies

iknow

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 06:14 am
ok. usually it takes effort to break the law, to do crimes and sin. some effort anyway. someone who is ignorant is usually so ignorant, that they can't even commit crimes or whatnot. like teh really lower end of the common sense spectrum. say a child of 12. this child wouldn't know how to rob a drug store properly. thus the this is ignorant and innocent. the child is innocent because of his ignorance. if you have a LOT of ignorance, you are more likely to be innocent. like someone who is in a coma, is ignorance and innocent.
0 Replies

iknow

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 06:32 am
another idea. usually bad things, dangerious things, you should know about, in order to protect yourself. cause they might be dangerous to you. since they are "more important" to know then, you're considered ignorant if you don't know the more important, or just important things. like not knowing you could be shot is a very important thing. you're innocent if you don't know about sinful things, so its usually usefull to know the possible dangers you could encounter first, before moving on to the safer aspects of life. maslows hierarchy of needs states that the basics are what people care about first, then they move on to higher desires/passions. the basics include food, water, shelter, love stuff like that. things that are not innocent (bad) usually interupt your basic needs.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 07:03 am
Ignorance is when there is knowledge available and you have the ability to fully understand it but refuse to. It's taking logical information and ignoring it. IE, racism.

Innocence is when there is knowledge available but you do not have the ability to understand it fully yet. IE, a child who's mind cannot grasp certain concepts.
0 Replies

John Jones

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 07:24 am
Re: Ignorance/Innocent?!
flushd wrote:
What distinguishes ignorance from innocence?
I've been thinking about this lately.
Any thoughts?

Please no dictionary definitions:)

They mean whatever we commonly take them to mean. So look it up in the dictionary and DO NOT use these words in any other way, if you know what is good for you.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 02:21 pm
JJ should have added that a good dictionary is best.

The Oxford say.If you find that wanting write to them and tell them why.It's probably on the net.
0 Replies

logicalunit42

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 07:22 pm
i think that ignorance is a word that is more specific. the questino you are asking is one of the english language nothing more. if someone is ingorant of x fact then they are, it can be used very specifically where the variables are clearly or more clearly defined than someone who is innocent. he is innocent of the facts, there you're saying he is innocent of a large broader, less clearly defined facts. he is innocent of the knowledge of potatoes doesn't work, cause its too specific, so you'd say ignorant there. he is innocent of the knowledge of the world, in that case its broader, so it causes him to have an entirely different outlook on life, so in other words is innocent.
0 Replies

John Jones

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 12:05 pm
logicalunit42 wrote:
i think that ignorance is a word that is more specific. the questino you are asking is one of the english language nothing more. if someone is ingorant of x fact then they are, it can be used very specifically where the variables are clearly or more clearly defined than someone who is innocent. he is innocent of the facts, there you're saying he is innocent of a large broader, less clearly defined facts. he is innocent of the knowledge of potatoes doesn't work, cause its too specific, so you'd say ignorant there. he is innocent of the knowledge of the world, in that case its broader, so it causes him to have an entirely different outlook on life, so in other words is innocent.

ithinkthatexcessivepunctuationistiringdontyou
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 12:13 pm
John Jones wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote:

Laughing
0 Replies

logicalunit42

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 12:18 pm
John Jones wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote:

spammer
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 12:22 pm
logicalunit42 wrote:
John Jones wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote:

spammer

What? He wasn't spamming. Rolling Eyes But maybe now you see how hard it is to decipher.
0 Replies

logicalunit42

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 12:23 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote:
John Jones wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote:

spammer

What? He wasn't spamming. Rolling Eyes But maybe now you see how hard it is to decipher.

no he was.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 12:25 pm
logicalunit42 wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote:
John Jones wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote:

spammer

no he was.

Uh, no.

Take a closer look.
0 Replies

logicalunit42

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 12:27 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote:
John Jones wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote:

spammer

no he was.

Uh, no.

Take a closer look.

well i'm not going to rewrite my post, so please don't comment and waste space in the future. thanks.
0 Replies

John Jones

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 12:42 pm
logicalunit42 wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote:
John Jones wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote:

spammer

no he was.

Uh, no.

Take a closer look.

well i'm not going to rewrite my post, so please don't comment and waste space in the future. thanks.

righton
youstickupforwhatsrightmate
heresapoem
iwanderedlonelyasacloudgottiredandwet
0 Replies

logicalunit42

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 12:47 pm
John Jones wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote:
John Jones wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote:

spammer

no he was.

Uh, no.

Take a closer look.

righton
heresapoem

Not Equal
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 12:47 pm
logicalunit42 wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote:
John Jones wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote:

spammer

no he was.

Uh, no.

Take a closer look.

Cuz you're posts don't waste space? Laughing
0 Replies

logicalunit42

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 12:48 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote:
John Jones wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote:

spammer

no he was.

Uh, no.

Take a closer look.

Cuz you're posts don't waste space? Laughing

explain?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 12:48 pm
logicalunit42 wrote:
John Jones wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote:
John Jones wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote:

spammer

no he was.

Uh, no.

Take a closer look.

righton
heresapoem

Not Equal

How did this contribute to the conversation you are so vehemently trying to participate in?
0 Replies

logicalunit42

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 12:50 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote:
John Jones wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote:
John Jones wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote:

spammer

no he was.

Uh, no.

Take a closer look.

righton
heresapoem

Not Equal

How did this contribute to the conversation you are so vehemently trying to participate in?

first explain your posts before i answer that
0 Replies