1. Many years ago, as a teenager, I took a course in High School learning language the old traditional way.
2. Back then, I did poorly in that High School course.
3. Because of that experience, I don't believe that the old traditonal classroom training would work for me.
3. I just couldn't grasp learning a foreign language that way.
4. Decades later, I tried self study language books and got much better results.
5. The one downside to learning language from self study books is you can never be sure of your (pronunciation). There was no audio just paper books.
6. The age of the internet opened up a whole new world of language learning sources and language learning methods.
7. I've already briefly tried three different online language apps.
8. Each one, I got something out of it.
9. But, neither one was quite what I was looking for.
10. Through trial and error, I know what techniques and methods would work for me.
11. I just have to find a source that teaches the particular techniques and methods I am looking for.
12. I haven't yet found a source that teaches my preferred methods and preferred techniques.
13. One other thing. I've also click on various youtube videos that teaches languages.
14. The upside to youtube videos is you get to learn and hear correct pronunciations.
15. The downside with youtube videos is that they are random. They aren't actual courses.