Most Dominant Athelete?

Booman

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 05:52 pm
Okay, so who's your choice for the most dominant athelete in the world today in their respective sport? My choice up to the past year was Tiger Woods, but for about a year now, Serena Williams has been in a zone where she refuses to lose. Even when she is having a bad day, and is one point away from losing a match, she reaches down, and finds a way to win. She has that, Michael Jordan fire in her eyes. An unbeatable combination of skill and desire. Well, that's my 2 Cents worth; So let the debates, begin!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,948 • Replies: 17
No top replies

pueo

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 06:49 pm
great topic,

can we categorize by specific sport?
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 06:52 pm
What the Hell? I hate a lota' restrictions Pueo. Smile Go for it.

But how about, in addition to, rather than instead of?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 06:52 pm
Michele Kwan has just won her fifth world title, and she has earned more 6's than any other skater. c.i.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 06:59 pm
C.I.,
...I saw a funny line about her in yesterday's paper. It sez, at the World's Nancy is scoping the competition, to see who could be the next little thief to steal her Olympic medal, Laughing
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 07:01 pm
golf: tiger woods is the most dominate player on the mens circuit, anika sorenstam on the womens side.

tennis: serena williams far away the best women tennis player, andre agassi holding top honors on the mens side.

basketball: men, can't decide too many good players. nobody comes to mind as a dominate player right now. i don't see much womens basketball to form an opinion.

baseball: barry bonds

football: most dominate this year-derrick brooks lb tampa bay.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 07:16 pm
I notice Tiger has 3 votes to Serena's one. I wish someone would enlighten me. Tiger has failed to win win only once this year. That is great! Meanwhile Serena lost...er.....lemme see.... I believe she failed to win at least twice sometime last year I just can't remember when.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 07:19 pm
Poor Tanya Harding has given up more than the olympics by her criminal behavior. Rather than make tons of money on the skating circuit, she has to make a living boxing, and other myriad athletic endeavors. Kind of feel sorry for how she ruined her own life. c.i.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 07:27 pm
boxing: tie-lennox lewis, roy jones jr.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 11:00 am
Hmmm. Only American athletes.

Perhaps cycling is not such a popular sport in the US, but worldwide, the most dominating American male athlete is Lance Armstrong. The Tour de France is excruciating, and the most important event in cycling: Armstrong's won it I don't how many times in a row.. and after defeating cancer.

And there's also track and field. Who can beat Marion Jones? No one did last year. Absolutely no one.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 03:35 pm
Is there a very dominant Soccer/futebol player out there?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 03:58 pm
The undisputed best women's soccer player in the world is Mia Hamm of the U.S.

Golf isn't like Tennis, there's just way too many things that can go wrong in golf. The fact that Tiger can continue on a weekly basis to win or finish in the top 10 is absolutely astounding. He's not exactly competing against high school kids, you know.

Annika Sorenstam will be competing against the men in some PGA events this year. She's gonna have some problems with length, but she'll likely beat some of the guys.
0 Replies

plane

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 08:56 pm
Athelete: a person who is trained or skilled in exercises, sports, or games requiring physical strength, agility, or stamina.

Only one, Jack Lalanne even at ninety the rest would drop over dead trying to keep up.

Age 40
Swam the length of the San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge underwater with 140 pounds of equipment, including two air tanks--an undisputed world record.
Age 41
Swam from Alcatraz to Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco wearing handcuffs.

Age 42
Set a record of 1,033 push-ups in 23 minutes on "You Asked For It," a TV show with Art Baker.

Age 43
Swam the treacherous Golden Gate Channel, towing a 2,500-pound cabin cruiser. This involved fighting the cold, swift ocean currents that made the one-mile swim a six-and-a-half-mile test of strength and endurance.

Age 44
Maneuvered a paddleboard 30 miles, nine and a half hours non-stop from the Farallon islands to the San Francisco shore.

Age 45
Completed 1,000 push-ups and 1,000 chin-ups in one hour and 22 minutes.

Age 60
Swam from Alcatraz Island to Fisherman's Wharf, handcuffed, shackled, and towing a 1,000-pound boat.

Age 61
Swam the length of the Golden Gate underwater, handcuffed, shackled and towing a 2,000-pound boat against treacherous tides.

Age 62
Commemorating the "Spirit of '76," swam one mile in Long Beach Harbor, handcuffed, shackled, and towing 13 boats (representing the 13 original colonies) containing 76 people.

Age 65
In Lake Ashinoko, Tokyo, Japan--handcuffed and shackled, towed 65 boats filled with 6,500 pounds of Louisiana Pacific wood pulp.

Age 66
In North Miami, Florida--towed ten boats filled with 77 people for more than a mile in less than an hour.

Age 70
Handcuffed, shackled, and fighting strong winds and currents, towed 70 boats with 70 people from the Queen's Way Bridge in the Long Beach harbor to the Queen Mary, one and a half miles.

This is only a few of his accomplishments.
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 09:38 pm
Depending upon the outcome of the NBA finals, Tim Duncan or Jason Kidd.

As to Tigers dominance, I understand what your saying booman, but the fact remains, (and I am no Tiger fan, believe me) that his impact upon the players on the tour, and the design of the courses is unique.

While he isn't winning as much as he has, he still overshadows others in the sport.

I also agree with you regarding Serena, you're right, she refuses to lose, and is obviously, at the top of her game.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 10:20 pm
Plane,
..So what has he done lately? Rolling Eyes ............I'm messin' with you, Man, I never realized he had done so many things. And oh yeah,......WELCOME!!!

Max,
...Ironically, Tiger, and Serena recently lost. So now, they're both pissed off. ......Uh-Oh! Surprised
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 11:30 pm
Now, say it with me slowly:

"De plane, De plane speaks fondly of Lalanne"

By jove, I think you've got it!!!

Welcomehttp://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/newbie.gif
0 Replies

Munch

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 11:34 pm
Definately Tiger Woods. He hasn't even reached his prime, or else, he has just entered those years, and he's the richest _athlete_ in the world.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 08:37 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing

You have PUNishing skills, Max.

Oh Yeah, WELCOME MUNCH!.......You said a mouthful. :wink:
0 Replies