Im so pissed abt head student

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2023 10:19 am
Ok so i signed up for head student and got rejected.Not much a big deal right??well for me i just cant help but feel super pissed.i fit all the critea for the head student except for attendece.it pisses me off so much bc that something i couldnt control.In december i took a trip to go back home in another country and missed a week of school.we planned to arrive back before school started but that didnt work out as out flight got cancelled.i ended up missing a whole other week of school.now this is what i mean by unfair.my attendance dropped by something i couldn't change myself.Its just so unfair bc i had also helped two of my friends and they both got in but i didnt.now i can't stand the thought of seeing a head student tie bc ik i didnt get in.ik it isnt a big deal but i just cant help but feel super pissed.like really pissed.

what can i do to get over this?

jespah

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2023 11:36 am
@Kamochii,
You haven't talked to the powers that be about your circumstances? If you haven't, then do so.

If you have, and they still won't budge, chalk it up as a learning experience, that life ain't fair.
RPhalange

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2023 01:44 pm
@jespah,
Agree here. As much as this can be hard for you, it can be a life lesson.

One, like jespah said you can reach out to those responsible in making this decision to find out why you do not get this position. Very important, be respectful about this. Ask if you can find out what caused you to fall short so you in the future you can be better prepared for similar situations.

If you find out it is only due to your absence, again politely explain your situation. You can say, you may not understand but this is why I missed this time. It may not change anything, but at the least you will feel you are heard. You also may learn that there could be other reasons.

In the end, they have the power to decide. And yes, often times in life things are unfair. But on the positive you will have experienced this and will learn the best way to handle. By still being the best you. Also, you will learn how to respectfully stand up for yourself. This in itself will help you gain confidence and learn how to be an advocate for you, but hopefully in a mature and positive way.

One other thing, I understand you are writing on a board here. But when speaking or writing to these individuals here, please use correct wording and not short cuts like you are texting a friend. You will be taken much more seriously by older folks and it shows you are making a greater effort.
Kamochii

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2023 11:49 pm
@RPhalange,
Sorry for my informal language,I am just simply very irritated.But thank you for the advice.I did consider reasoning with those in charge but I thought I would come off as “petty” for doing so,but I knew I couldn't anyway because the one in charge said they had to keep the amount at exactly 20 students.
0 Replies

Kamochii

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2023 11:51 pm
@jespah,
The one in charge did say that I fit all the criteria but that my attendance was the only fault I had.
Mame

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2023 06:50 am
@Kamochii,
Well then, you know it's not YOU, merely circumstances beyond your control. Take some comfort from that.
Kamochii

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2023 09:54 am
@Mame,
I do find comfort in that but I just can't help but feel so annoyed and irritated.Knowing it wasn't my fault makes it feel that I was at a very unfair disadvantage.
jespah

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2023 02:23 pm
@Kamochii,
Wait till ya aren't selected for a job because you wore perfume to an interview that the interviewer said his ex-girlfriend used to wear.

Yes, this really happened to me.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2023 12:15 am
@jespah,
My husband told me once my new perfume smelled like something his mother used to wear....my first response was 'OH MY GOD', second, toss that bottle in the trash, third...take a one hour shower. I felt much better.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2023 12:18 am
@Kamochii,
I know you don't like it, but you got fouled......not because you're stupid, but because of regs. Hopefully, in your lifetime this is the worst hurt you ever have and the rest of your life you will always get picked first.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2023 08:30 am
@glitterbag,
Mines worse: I was buying my girlfriend "White Shoulders" and got asked by the clerk if it was for my grandmother. Got her "Charlie" instead and she smelled like every woman under 30 in the US. Of course I was wearing "Hai Karate". And moved to "Artemus" at freshman collage. Guess I was a sucker for advertising after all.
0 Replies

Kamochii

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2023 05:43 am
@glitterbag,
Hopefully this does become the worst hurt I occur.Thank you.
0 Replies