Steam is a virus?

Sat 11 Mar, 2023 08:12 am
Hi

My computer starting acting weird and using a lot of memory after installing steam from steampowered.com. I hard reseted my computer everytime. People where I come from are not helpin..

Anyone know why this is and it says on their homepage that steam is compatible with Windows computers.. ??

/TooFriendly112
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 709 • Replies: 4
Topic Closed
No top replies

PoliteMight

Sun 12 Mar, 2023 07:20 pm
@TooFriendly112,
IDK about "Steam Powered". I have installed various applications and programs and log into steam. Yes there is an over-all control for "Steam" which relates to those installed games, such as language and mods, but steam itself should not give you any problems like that.

Why not call valve or checkout their forums?

Steam is not a virus as long as you got it from an official source.
TooFriendly112

Mon 13 Mar, 2023 08:44 am
@PoliteMight,
Hi

I have trouble understanding what is a "official source" like if I buy a game from gamestop or somewhere else and download steam online is steam online a trusted source and how can i check that?

/TooFriendly112
PoliteMight

Tue 14 Mar, 2023 06:21 am
@TooFriendly112,
When you register on a steam forum your already registered for steam.
However that is like Amazon jail broken mentality.
When you purchase a game that is steam ( even from a local store ) your still buying a game that you have to download that logically "you do not own" but you own the rights to play it on steam and that account that is associated with that game itself, across devices that support steam via your account.

You should be able to log into a steam forum and ask these questions, or even call a number if possible ( as with facebook problems ).

That purchase is more or less a gift-card assigned to a specific product. That is if you did not have to give any personal information in while making the purchase itself.
TooFriendly112

Mon 3 Apr, 2023 10:03 am
@PoliteMight,
Another friend on discord recommended gog.com and I tried downloading wolfenstein and scan the executable on virustotal and it said it was a trojan Sad. I guess gaming days are just over, and it's not working out the gaming developers planned it. There's barely newspapers anymore Sad. Anyone experienced this ??
0 Replies