ossobuco

Tue 23 Aug, 2005 06:16 pm
<I think you are probably both popular with women>
0 Replies

boomerang

Tue 23 Aug, 2005 06:40 pm
I need a compass.....

"Hello. Onstar. How can I help you?"

"Please help! My tomboy thread has turned into a debate about which man is more popular! I'm afraid I've lost my bearings and now I'm so confused...."

"Relax, Ma'am. We can help. Stick a clean pair of underwear in your pocket, get in your car and drive away."
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Tue 23 Aug, 2005 06:49 pm
Boomer
boomerang wrote:
I need a compass.....

"Hello. Onstar. How can I help you?"

"Please help! My tomboy thread has turned into a debate about which man is more popular! I'm afraid I've lost my bearings and now I'm so confused...."

"Relax, Ma'am. We can help. Stick a clean pair of underwear in your pocket, get in your car and drive away."

I was raised with two brothers so I had to learn to hold my own. However, I was an athlete all my life until age 36 when I tore the cartilege in my right leg during a volleyball game. Repair knee surgery was very primative in those days and it changed my life and ended my athletic career.

I've always enjoyed people who are intellectually active rather than passive and who are curious about lifelong learning regardless of their gender.

I hope this gets your thread back on track.

BBB
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Tue 23 Aug, 2005 07:34 pm
Thanks for the steering, BBB.

Boomer, you kill me.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Tue 23 Aug, 2005 07:37 pm
OK, some threads veer off while really still being on track, and I think this is one of them, boomer. Nobody posting wants to derail the thread.

Least of all moi. Or the guys. They are riffing. Much as some of us have tangented to thrift shops or shoes, although, yes, a degree past that. Still, I like men on the thread.

It could be interesting if we really open it up for male, er, derision, as I am sure is readily available here, but wait, I don't think the deriders are all so deriding. Hang in and keep posting.
0 Replies

boomerang

Tue 23 Aug, 2005 07:54 pm
Awwwww. I'm just teasing.

I think it is absolutely hilarous that a thread about tomboys turned into a popularity contest among boys. Popularity contests are such a girl thing.

I think I might have mentioned that I don't get girl things.....

Clean underwear? Check.
Car keys? Check.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Tue 23 Aug, 2005 08:21 pm
Over that, check.
0 Replies

littlek

Tue 23 Aug, 2005 08:25 pm
Dating, as a tomboy, sucks. I don't like the 'rules' - I think they're ridiculous. But, I don't want to be over whleming. I end up being a little aloof, which isn't good.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Tue 23 Aug, 2005 08:29 pm
Yeah, I sucked at dating. I usually slept with my date if I wanted to, didn't if I didn't, and called if I felt like it. There were quite a few awkward situations because of it. One guy, after I had called him once, once, to ask if he wanted to get together said "I never said I'd marry you". I said "I'm talking about a drink, for chrissakes, not a dress and a band." What a jackass. I gave up on that after a bit. That was when I learned how much they want you when you stop wanting them. What a pain in the ass.
0 Replies

littlek

Tue 23 Aug, 2005 08:39 pm
Er, that sounds like his issue, not yours.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Tue 23 Aug, 2005 08:57 pm
In my observation in my time as, er, open to experience, it was the guys that were flibbertigibbet. Now, flibbertigibbet is probably a word out of the thirties, or twenties, long before even I was born, but sort of explains the advent of a woman saying yes easily on a given friday night to this poor lamb.
Watch the shutdown film, perhaps at eleven.

I see I'm starting another tangent. Perhaps another thread.

Back to tomboyishness.

Ok, ok, most of my experiences didn't end that way, but it happened, and I remember that.
0 Replies

boomerang

Tue 23 Aug, 2005 08:57 pm
Oh my.

This turn in conversation makes me think of one thing..... Jeff.

Now Jeff was a man who could appreciate a tomboy's enthusiasm for sex without strings attached.

And he was sooooooo good looking. Girls just clung onto him. Which is probably why he liked a girl that said "Wake up! Go home!"

I could say more but really, I shouldn't.....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Tue 23 Aug, 2005 09:01 pm
Well, boomer, we were both inclined to post.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Tue 23 Aug, 2005 09:18 pm
littlek wrote:
Er, that sounds like his issue, not yours.

Oh yeah, definitely his issue. My issue only in that I didn't know the rules about playing hard to get.
0 Replies

littlek

Tue 23 Aug, 2005 09:39 pm
Freeduck - fjick the rules.

So..... no (or few) strings style sex is a tomboy trait? Hmmm.....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Tue 23 Aug, 2005 10:36 pm
That is what I was getting at earlier, a certain practicality overlaying romance.

Well, heh, outta here...

edit since I can't seem to spell overlaying.
0 Replies

littlek

Tue 23 Aug, 2005 10:43 pm
It's a good point, Osso.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Wed 24 Aug, 2005 06:28 am
Indeed, a very good point.
0 Replies

nimh

Wed 24 Aug, 2005 08:10 am
FreeDuck wrote:
Yeah, I sucked at dating. I usually slept with my date if I wanted to, didn't if I didn't, and called if I felt like it. There were quite a few awkward situations because of it. [..] That was when I learned how much they want you when you stop wanting them. What a pain in the ass.

Same the other way round tho. And yeah, it sucks. I'm like you and am called too intense. You're supposed to toy with them a little bit, make them feel they need to make an effort, be just a tad unreachable, or unfathomable. Me, if I like somebody, I like somebody, and I'll open up; and if not, then not. That dont always go down too well when you're a man either. Gets misinterpreted.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Wed 24 Aug, 2005 08:17 am
Good point, nimh. I can see how that goes both ways.
0 Replies