What should I do to have a working computer at home?

Thu 29 Dec, 2022 03:27 pm
Hi. I had plans this year that I couldn't fulfill because my laptop stopped working properly a while ago. I wanted to get some voice over training done and learn some art programs for free through a free online learning system, and work as a work-from-home transcriptionist.

This work and vocational training requires me to have a working home computer, either a desktop or a laptop.

I was waiting till I had the money to get my laptop serviced. My laptop is old and wasn't under warranty.

I am not particular about what kind of home computer I have, but I was told it's better to have a desktop than it is to have a laptop; with a desktop you can do a lot more.

Should I get my laptop serviced or should I buy a new laptop or desktop?

Is it cheaper to buy a new laptop than it is to service one?

Are laptops cheaper than desktops?

I want to get insurance for my old laptop. If I do buy a new laptop or desktop I will get insurance for it.

I have some old desktop computer towers that run on old OS's that I would like to get serviced but that's another story.

Please help. Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 3,298 • Replies: 1
Topic Closed
No top replies

engineer

Thu 29 Dec, 2022 03:43 pm
@JGoldman10,
Exactly what do you require? Do you just need reliable internet access? Access plus the ability to use an office type program (word processor and spreadsheet stuff)? The ability to run a specific type of program?
0 Replies