Opinion Clash and trash talk!

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2022 08:15 am
Free speech, dumb speech, entitled speech, tin foil theory crafting and cheese!
Welcome to my new corner to bake the cake on the news that matter!

Lets kick it off with the topic of Monarchy, shall we?

UK without Monarchy and the EU does not exist as it is just a cess pool of mud and rain without the glamour and candy coating it has enjoyed in modern day an age...

I am thus left wondering on the hypothetical of how much you were paid to definitely seal the coffin and put Britain further in the pocket of USA!
Either that, or John Olivier, you are just to stupid and biased which makes it all that more sad! Nice collage of factoids you get there, great video editing, and perfect strawman, cheers old chap!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,999 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2022 12:20 pm
@Albuquerque,
One would believe any wording and concept related to Monarchy would be extinct by now through linguistic natural selection... but no, from burger Kings and chicken Kings, and Music Princesses, and what not, that ensemble of grandeur that the cathartic marketing magicians can shovel in and sell with the brand of Monarchy it all endures and makes money and fantasy...

The idea of Kings, Queens, and Princes and Princesses strangely in many fashions and forms persists against all odds in the folk imaginary tall tales and group identity narrative, even when they live in a Republican system, I would dare specially more in a Republic... one ought to deeply analyse better Human nature and try to find the tactual reason why that old odd thing called Monarchy is hard to kill on almost any cultural auto narrative around the world since man is man!

Ignoramus and Jacobins like dogs to a bone all over the place...meshing the crimes of a Nation with the heavy onus and burden a ruling King or Queen has to carry at their back without fault of their own...sad creatures lost in easy criticism and dual black and white false and misleading dichotomies!

Idiocy prevails as usual!
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2022 07:26 pm
Is there any advantage for being an Archduke in Germany/Austria/Spain vs. a King, say 15th or 16th century England or France? In the atheist sense, that is.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2022 05:23 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Spain was the most powerful contry in the 15th Century, and it had kings, in the 16th Century it was the Ottomans whose ruler was a sultan.
htam9876

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2022 11:50 pm
“opinion clash” vs trash, touchy and feely

Attempting to hold back the development of history is not wise. It just let oneself become a poor stumbling stone and destined to be left behind by history.
Those intelligent “biological beings” would climb up onto tree and pick the fruits as soon as possible when they are mature.
Science is science. DREAM is DREAM. Useful is useful. Useless is useless. Problem is problem. Solution is solution. There is no what “opinion clash” between science and DREAM or between problem and solution. Piggy “sure enough”.

Promoting force is promoting force. Stumbling stone is stumbling stone.
Positive mind is positive mind. Negative mind is negative mind.
Necessary is necessary. Unnecessary is unnecessary.
Happy is happy. Unhappy is unhappy.
Even G* is not able to make all people happy.

Bully is bully. Donkey is donkey. What they can do is enjoying the charity of this galaxy and consuming its resource only.
Donkey is donkey. “lobotomised” is “lobotomised”. Trash is trash.
http://pic.51ppt.com.cn/public/upload/share/000/000/256/77/49756fbf30bf79e16ad56defa6873c9b41X40u_468x468.jpeg

Perhaps, Lord is AWARE he created something wrong at last…he has no idea how to sympathize with / have compassion for them.

Piggy is piggy. The pig has been defined as a dead man by the First Order. At most a security guard in Jiangmen. Soft landing.

Ah, perhaps the pig has to “travel back in time” to PHF galaxy to entangle with that “authentic” rabbit Dandan again. Seems the fate of science hangs on his rabbit head…
http://www.ii23.cn/data/attachment/forum/201111/14/0230219clql9i066c6cc82.gif
给他江门地方黑恶势力钟永康集团及新会一中九一四班谁谁一个超文革赛阎王光荣称号快快全世界全宇宙打靶啦。当今时代,全世界没有什么人能够值得如此殊荣。呵呵
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2022 01:20 pm
This one is an old talk well worth reviewing in this thread.
I won't comment much, for now, except that I do not agree with any of them in general terms, or better put, I agree with several specific points both make here n there, although, fairly it is case in point that Jordan is hard to beat even when he is wrong. For instance the distinction he makes between power and competence is artificial...still she did far better then most who debated Jordan so far and the overall range of topics being debated makes it for a compelling reflection worth seeing and sharing!
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2022 12:44 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Is there any advantage for being an Archduke in Germany/Austria/Spain vs. a King, say 15th or 16th century England or France? In the atheist sense, that is.

Today? Hell yes, we have indoor plumbing.
Albuquerque

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2022 02:35 pm
@Leadfoot,
You came up with the only possible answer that made me laugh at the bizarre tirade, was that a question or a remark? Anyway you made my smile!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2022 02:44 pm
@izzythepush,
I can see you are fluent on the Iberian reconquista...what a diverse set of hobbies you have going on there! What gossip have you worth the first page in The Sun about Abu Abdallah Muhammad XII the last Sultan of Granada, any insights? Just wondering because I know next to nothing about the man!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2022 02:53 pm
@izzythepush,
I have a similar question to your expertize, do you think the United Kingdom would have lost the Falkland war against Argentina if they weren't so impressed with the Royals?
izzythepush

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2022 03:27 pm
@Albuquerque,
Wow, you really are anally retentive.
Albuquerque

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2022 03:39 pm
@izzythepush,
Izzy you are so jumpy, so sensible, so feminine...I confess I feel obliged to apologise if I hurst your feelings, that was not at all my intention...I though I could pull a laugh out of you in return...I can see now I was wrong...never joke with a former writer right? Sorry for the fart party going on, I'll advise you to bypass this and any other thread on which I participate...you are not my audience. I honestly wonder why you did not yet ignored me, its just a click away and you will surely prevent yourself a stroke! Merry Christmas and God bless ya!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2022 06:26 am
I am copy pasting a reply I gave in a game forum I am active in about the polemic regarding the traditional votes of a Merry Christmas...as usual there are two polarized sides and none of them is right...here what I said to someone complaining Christmas had goten a bad rep and that was a lost of identity on Western traditions:
Quote:
I think you have half a point but I also think you are over reacting.
For instance I am an atheist and I still like Christmas.
For me Christmas is foremost the celebration of childhood, the celebration of family and friendship!

Unlike many others I don't see harm in its mixed pagan and religious origins, I don't hide nor blame it, and I don't care how others see it or if they do to an extent cultural appropriation...I was always on the open source side of culture, never worried with copycat as its natural, with the small caveat of not forgetting the Origin of things as History is important!

That set aside I have nothing else to ad to what seams to me to much indignation with what others make of the festivities...to you Merry Christmas, to everyone else, Happy Holidays!

Quote:
Christmas as we know it today in the West started in the Victorian age with Charles Dickens tale a Christmas Carol and with the import of the Christmas tree from Germany and other Nordic pagan traditions linked to the winter solstice...the whole thing went viral in late XIX century and Coca Cola painted it red...I am fine with it and I am not even Religious...above all on the Romantic period after a brutal Industrial Revolution there was the realisation that children needed more care and a safe space to dream and grow...Christmas at is core is about that!
Albuquerque

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2022 07:59 am
@Albuquerque,
And the Christmas saga continues on the other forum, here my latest counter:
Quote:
The God part is the least important part of Christmas these days...sorry but that is a fact even among so claimed believers. Christmas is, if are speaking honestly, a holiday event that as I mentioned before celebrates infancy, naivety, kindness, family and friends...Culture is not a dictate is what is living right now, what people do with it, not what one thinks it ought to be, even if one is right.

I am familiar with the Christian origins of Christmas I didn't thought it was needed to state the obvious on that segment so I skipped over to the modern Christmas as you and I celebrate it. I insist that the Roman Emperors were the ones that viewed the date of 25th to their political advantage regarding the Roman Empire cohesion specially with Northern provinces, won't debate that...Jesus date of Birth is unknown but to my best guess I think it was in early January.

Further I respect your beliefs and your cultural position on Christmas as you see it fit, not the exclusivity tho, also I think it is paramount to acknowledge the Historical origin of things, I think for better or for worst History should not be rewritten or erased or vandalised but equally I also embrace cultural evolution and the natural flow of social interchange of cultural traditions...I don't have a biased view in any direction.

Other then that I have nothing else to ad to what I had already previously posted!
0 Replies