Was I scammed

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2022 03:23 pm
I won't be disclosing the name of the game but I was really enjoying it years ago aand decided to return to it I invested treat money I had put aside for myself I've spent in the region of £200 i felt I deserved it. Well it's all gone to waste. The game is not how it once was it is now filled with trolls. For legal reasons they have to say that they don't condone bullying etc on it but in the space of a few weeks I have had death threats, bullying over literally anything, and being discriminated against for being disabled most of all are higher level paying users. Who have spent more/been there longer. Reporting them leads to little to no action and those who do get a small punishment like a warning or temporary lock on their account then come after their victims for reporting them. These people are bullying everyone else too. There are just troll after troll after troll it never ends every day there is more drama. It is a toxic place and bad for my mental health, there is literally nowhere on the game where you can avoid the trolls. Most people who join for the time then leave very fast. If I had not spent money on it I would just move on. They paint themselves as a fun, friendly and safe place it is not. I contacted to ask for a refund and the person responding had not even properly read my email. They just waffled on about reports and why people get their accounts locked and assumed I had been locked myself?!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 1,088 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Babasheep

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2022 03:45 pm
@Babasheep,
How do I go about getting a refund? I am really angry! £200! I thought about threatening with small claims but wouldn't actually be able to pursue that.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2022 06:29 pm
@Babasheep,
How much ass-pain is recovering $200 worth? You did get some amount of entertainment from it, you didn't try it once and ignore it.

Send them a letter and ask for $100 back. If who you are suing are not in your small claims jurisdiction, small claims court is very useless.

If you feel strongly about the loss of what you expected, you might try a consumer advocacy group, County Attorney or his office that looks into Gconsumer fraud, or the state Attorney general. When I wanted my money back from a broker in another state, that state's Attorney General fixed it in days after my months of being ignored and lied to.

Is it worth it?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2022 07:08 am
@Babasheep,
Babasheep wrote:

There are just troll after troll after troll it never ends every day there is more drama. It is a toxic place and bad for my mental health, there is literally nowhere on the game where you can avoid the trolls. Most people who join for the time then leave very fast. If I had not spent money on it I would just move on. They paint themselves as a fun, friendly and safe place it is not.

200 lbs is not worth the mental aggravation you are experiencing. Chalk it up to experience and move on. It's just money. Your mental health is worth a lot more than that, one hopes.
0 Replies

RPhalange

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2022 11:41 am
@Babasheep,
You can always write a "poor" but fair review. Do not say anything that is incorrect, but provide facts to support your review, it will hold more water to those reading and not appear as if you are just a crazy that writes bad reviews.

You can say something along the lines after paying 200 pounds, and expecting an inclusive and safe environment to game play, I had the opposite experience. I have had death threats and bullying --- and here I would quote what was exactly said; hopefully you have it saved or take a screen shot so you do have the evidence. Then state the actions you took, so I reached out for a refund as it was not as I expected and this is the response I received --- again copy and paste their response.

You may not get your money back, but at least you can help other people from falling in their trap.

I just warn you to stick to the facts only.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2022 11:22 am
@Babasheep,
Babasheep wrote:

I won't be disclosing the name of the game but I was really enjoying it years ago aand decided to return to it I invested treat money I had put aside for myself I've spent in the region of £200 i felt I deserved it.

Define (context) what you mean by years.

Quote:
Well it's all gone to waste. The game is not how it once was it is now filled with trolls. For legal reasons they have to say that they don't condone bullying etc on it but in the space of a few weeks I have had death threats, bullying over literally anything, and being discriminated against for being disabled most of all are higher level paying users. Who have spent more/been there longer. Reporting them leads to little to no action and those who do get a small punishment like a warning or temporary lock on their account then come after their victims for reporting them. These people are bullying everyone else too. There are just troll after troll after troll it never ends every day there is more drama. It is a toxic place and bad for my mental health, there is literally nowhere on the game where you can avoid the trolls. Most people who join for the time then leave very fast. If I had not spent money on it I would just move on. They paint themselves as a fun, friendly and safe place it is not. I contacted to ask for a refund and the person responding had not even properly read my email. They just waffled on about reports and why people get their accounts locked and assumed I had been locked myself?!

You have spent literal years playing this game (mostly without incident until recently)? I think the statute of limitations on their responsibility towards giving you a full refund (from a legal point) has lapsed.

The state of gamers and gaming and the mainstreaming of the culture war? A definite toxic soup. I think your only recourse is to abandon this video game ship and move on. I'm pretty sure any small claims court will toss any attempt to get a refund via that route (and worst case will end of charging you legal fees for wasting their time). If perchance this all happened in the first year from your purchase? You would have likely a better chance to get a refund or to sue the publisher for said refund.

0 Replies

Mrknowspeople

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2022 04:03 pm
@Babasheep,
You were scammed if you believed the "Cuba and the missile crisis" and only if it happened and it happened to you and you were under the age of 23 or 22 if female. Then it would be scam if you actually believed that it was code for war with Heaven was underway.
0 Replies