Hello to all - need help please on deciding what Hard Disk t

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 03:32 am
to buy..
i have P4 2GHz, Asus P4S333-M and i want to add more HD memory.
i was told that i can't add as much as i want but only until 137GB.
anyway i wanted to know if anybody knows if that's true and wht HD drives do u recommend for 120G... Laughing

Thanks alot
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 410 • Replies: 3
No top replies

OperaGhost

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 08:14 pm
As far as I know you can add any size HD memory as long as the drive itself can fit into your tower. I've never heard of any type of limit. Personally I have a Que! external harddrive and I've never had a problem with it. I'm not sure if they make internal drives too.
0 Replies

lookman

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 05:37 am
If you are adding a harddrive, you can add it as a slave being the first one is a master and if you are using the Windows OS. In the CMOS make sure your harddrive is in auto detect.

Tiger Direct is selling a Seagate 250GB harddrive for $79 after a $50 rebate. You will need to get an 80-conductor IDE cable.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=1265028&sku=THD-250A
0 Replies

Derevon

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 02:43 pm
In order to use the full capacity of hard disks larger than 137GB you need to have Windows XP with servicepack 1 or later. Also, your BIOS has to support hard drives of that size, which it should unless your computer is old. I would say that it's safe to get a hard drive larger than 200GB unless your computer is very old. Even if you run into trouble using its full capacity, there's usually work arounds to solve most of the problems that can arise.
0 Replies