Flash 5

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 03:58 pm
I am attempting to pick up Flash now that I've gotten extremely comfortable with HTML, Photoshop and Dreamweaver. I see it as the next step forward towards designing and creating awesome websites.

The problem is that I feel as if I will never be able to conquere Flash. I've never felt so challenged by a program before! Usually I can master things in a week or so, at least to the point where I'm familiar with it enough to try new things and advance my knowledge on my own time. Flash, however, has stopped me dead in my tracks.

No matter how many tutorials or texts I read on Flash, I am consistantly hitting roadblocks that make it seem as if overall, it's not worth the shiney, attractive website that I'm aiming for (I have a business proposition, and they are interested in a Flash-based site, hence the urgency in learning).

Are there any tips of the trade that someone can offer to keep me from going insane? And was it this difficult for anyone else to grasp Flash?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,432 • Replies: 8
No top replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 04:00 pm
I felt the same way when I started with it. My life has been much better since I gave up. Smile
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 04:12 pm
Laughing I'm so close...so close...
0 Replies

badride5

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 08:48 am
Try using Swish. Download .swi files and see how they work. I have made many sites using Swish alone.

If you are set on Flash (which I love also) search for .fla files and Flash tutes and start decompiling and making your own.

I have several .swi and .fla files I could send your way to play with.
0 Replies

badride5

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 08:52 am
Here is an example of a site I made using Swish and Flash: Edit (Moderator): URL Removed

I don't want the mod to delete my link again.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 07:33 pm
badride5 wrote:

You might want to read the terms of service. Posting your link is not allowed and it will be removed each time, doing it over and over again would probably result in having access to the site suspended.
0 Replies

badride5

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 08:34 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
badride5 wrote:

You might want to read the terms of service. Posting your link is not allowed and it will be removed each time, doing it over and over again would probably result in having access to the site suspended.
I concede. I am just trying to be helpful.

Craven, from viewing a majority of your posts you make me remember a quote:

Pride that dines on Vanity sups on Contempt. -Benjamin Franklin

Have a good day! I will post no more linksÂ…
0 Replies

Roofingguy

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 01:07 am
I agree with badride he was obviously trying to show this person a sample flash... I havent had any problems linking in other forums... i guess rules are rules.... This web developing site dont even have enough traffic as to be getting that picky.... Whatever do what you guys want ..I guess the mod is just doing his job.. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

sharonjackson

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 05:07 pm
I found Flash a challenge, too, but there are some very good books out there..I like the "Hands on Training" book (H.O.T.) by Kymberlee Weil and Lynda Weinman. The H.O.T. books are all part of a series of training books. They come with a cd with learning files. They are not cheap but I have found them to be invaluable
0 Replies