bank cahrges

brianna

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 02:30 pm
Is it legal for a bank to charge to charge you a different fee each time you bounce a check? When I bounce a check it ranges from $17-$37. I never know how much the fee will be. Other people I have talked to other people that use the same bank some don't pay overdraft fees some always get charged the same every time but I haven't found anyone else that is having the same problem I am in the info from the bank the overdraft fee is $30-$33 but they charge me more than that. Is that legal?

Brianna
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 593 • Replies: 3
No top replies

husker

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 02:45 pm
very possible it depends on the state you live and the rules - like on credit cards they can vary your rates depending on your credit score, bounced checks, other creditors and any which way you think - and some places charge as much as 29%-30%. According to national news reports.
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2005 12:46 pm
The answer to this Brianna would seem obvious, stop writing cheques you cant honour and you wont be charged anything.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 08:03 pm
Re: bank cahrges
brianna wrote:
Is it legal for a bank to charge to charge you a different fee each time you bounce a check? When I bounce a check it ranges from $17-$37. I never know how much the fee will be. Other people I have talked to other people that use the same bank some don't pay overdraft fees some always get charged the same every time but I haven't found anyone else that is having the same problem I am in the info from the bank the overdraft fee is $30-$33 but they charge me more than that. Is that legal?

Brianna

Why are you bouncing checks? The fees sound legal to me.
0 Replies