A question about weight.

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 03:34 pm
I am 13, i am 5 feet 4 inches. I weigh 200 pounds. Well, dur, i know im really REALLY overweight, but im livin' my life like it is, heh. See, i donno why, but ive gotten into a habit where i eat very little in one day, and for my ONE meal i have everyday, its very little. and again, i dont know why, but it used to be hard turning food down, but now its SOOOOO easy!

I am this big cause i hardly ever am active.

I have a feeling one thing why im doing this is cause, well, i like a lot of girls, but hell, i know they dont like me back!! Also, i think another big reason is i wanna become a wrestler when i grow up, and losing weight and gaining muscle could make that happen!

Well, im wondering if anyone has done the same thing as me, on how i eat and ****. Is there anyone that is doing this same thing, or has done it before??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 610 • Replies: 9
No top replies

The Masterpeice

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 03:40 pm
PS: I am NOT anirexic
0 Replies

OperaGhost

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 05:11 pm
I personally haven't done that, but as an athlete I know how you feel about trying to gain muscle. Also, I'm a student in the medical field, so maybe I can give you a little advice.

Don't eat too little, it won't help you to lose weight. The best thing to do is to eat more vegetables and fruits. Also, try to keep within a certain caloric intake. (For information on this for your age, check online for the food pyramid.) The food pyramid is probably the best way you can control your diet. Also if you're working out, make sure you do only a little at a time. Like your food intake, change only a little at a time. So just begin eating less than normal a little at a time, and start working out at first by walking and a little bit of weights. Always make sure to stay healthy, and you'll find that the girls will run right for ya. Wink

I know this because I'm a girl, and most of us prefer guys who are healthy as opposed to guys who are skinny. Smile Best wishes, and I hope I helped answer your question.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 06:22 pm
Read the thread called "teen diets". You are slowing down your metabolism by only eating once a day. Your body thinks it is starving and thus you will gain more weight even when consuming less calories. This will only get worse as you age. You are also put a strain on your organs and that can lead to problems such as diabetes. You should eat 5 small meals a day - all healthy ones.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 06:36 pm
The healthiest way to eat is to eat several small meals every day. That keeps your metabolism in balance. Also, eat a balanced diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables.
0 Replies

The Masterpeice

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 07:25 pm
Listen, if i eat a LITTLE meal, it makes me want more, so i will be eating 5 pretty big meals if i go by you guys Razz
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 07:37 pm
What makes you think they have to be big? How about a measured cup of high fiber cereal and low fat milk for breakfast. A few hours later have cup of non-fat organic yogurt, a piece of fruit or some low fat cheese. Lunch can be a sandwich of turkey breast on whole grain bread with lettuce & tomato. A couple of hours later have a banana or a few crackers with peanut butter. Dinner should be some colorful veggies and a lean protein. Stick to fruit and yogurt for deserts. Drink unsweetened, no caffine iced teas and plenty of water. Stay away from juice - liquid calories, high sugar.

At your age, height and weight you are obese. I would say you need to change your habits or you will end of ill.
0 Replies

The Masterpeice

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 07:55 pm
No, i said that if i eat a small meal, it will WANT me to eat more, so i will!
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 05:07 pm
The_Masterpeice wrote:
No, i said that if i eat a small meal, it will WANT me to eat more, so i will!

It's called self control.
Give yourself a modest portion of food and eat that. When it's gone, you're done eating until the next meal.

Trust me, I'd love to down that whole bag of doritos after I eat the whole tub of ice cream, but I give myself a small scoop of ice cream and save the 8 or 10 potato chips for the next day when it's treat time.
I'm 6' and 185 lbs...and in great shape, and that's how I manage my eating. We all have similar cravings. Some of us just know when to stop.

Read the teen diets thread and do some research to verify what is said there. It's not rocket science, it just takes a lot of work. Not many people want to make that kind of committment.
But you really need to.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2005 03:52 pm
MP - I think part of the problem is you are a little difficult to understand in your posts. You sound like you are being a "wise guy" and I'm not if that is your intention or not. I think Cicerone was reading it that way and thus his "wise guy" post. We don't want to offend you, but we need you to be more clear in how you respond to our comments.
0 Replies