Crow won't leave yard

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2022 09:10 am
A crow has been in my yard four days. I feed it and it has plenty of water . I do not see any injury and have seen it fly up to the top of the fence. At dusk he disappears but come morning he is back again. He's not a problem but I just want to know why he would stay. What n other crows come around he caws a little and will sit with them on our fence. He left with two other crows and I figured they must be mom and dad but within a half hour he was back again. He lets me sit close by but I don't want to try to catch it as he can fly. Never seen a crow do this and we have had many thru the years. Was wondering should I be giving it other types of food. We gave it peanut butter nuggets, bread, peanuts and grapes. He doesn't care for grapes. Is there a sickness that maybe causing the problem?? If these is something to help him then I will do it. Any thoughts would greatly be appreciated. Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 475 • Replies: 4
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2022 09:27 am
Crows have been known to adopt friendly humans. If that's the case here I would consider myself blessed.
0 Replies

RPhalange

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2022 11:30 am
@Larry1948,
You have been providing it food; that is why he keeps coming back. It is an easy source of food. Stop feeding him and he will go away. It is better for wild animals not to be fed by people.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2022 11:43 am
@Larry1948,
Larry1948 wrote:
I feed it and it has plenty of water .

Larry1948 wrote:
He's not a problem but I just want to know why he would stay.

Crows are pretty high up the bird intelligence chain. You feed it, it has an enclosed, safe area to hang out in, heck, this is a perfect bird sanctuary. I think it is fine and probably finding the food it likes when you're not around. Enjoy the company and the bird watching.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2022 12:07 pm
Perhaps, somebody raised it. It probably would like bits of meat or chicken or a good quality cat food kibble.
0 Replies