Messenger notification disappeared

throw

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2022 04:38 pm
So I opened facebook in the web browser and had red number notification about 1 new message. I went to click it but before the my mouse reached it it disappeared. The message itself wasn't read but the notification disappeared as if someone clicked on the messenger icon. Is this a bug with facebook or something more malicious? I've already checked for any emails about attempted logins or any other suspicious activity indicating I was hacked and didn't find anything.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 626 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2022 04:41 pm
@throw,

i've seen that happen if i read a msg on the app, clearing the notification on the phone.

then when i open FB on the computer, it shows that i still have an unread msg...
throw

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2022 04:48 pm
@Region Philbis,
this is an opposite situation. I had an unread message for which the notification disappeared by itself
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2022 05:07 pm
@throw,

maybe the person who sent it to you deleted it?
throw

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2022 05:34 pm
@Region Philbis,
no it's still there
I'll do some testing cause my phone was connected to wifi so maybe messenger somehow considered that it viewed the message. I know I didn't bc the message was from a couple of minutes ago and I haven't touched my phone for a couple of hours.
throw

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2022 06:05 pm
@throw,
ok seems like I've managed to replicate it sometimes when reloading facebook after a couple seconds the notification will disappear and then reapper after another 2 or 3 seconds. Seems like a facebook glitch. Doesn't appear consistently but I got it to do it 3 times
0 Replies