Reddit vs. Able2know

gollum

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2022 05:13 am
I've used Reddit but found so many answers are posted that I get lost.

I've used able2know but found that few answers are posted.

Why is Reddit so popular and able2know so unpopular?

jcboy

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2022 05:56 am
@gollum,
Reddit pops up everywhere because of advertising. It even pops up on Facebook news feed. Everyone has a different answer on reddit. All armatures there, which is why everyone has a different opinion. Some people here have been on this site 20 plus years. Experienced in various questions.
engineer

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2022 08:37 am
@jcboy,
I agree with that. We are a pretty small community and the regulars pretty much all know each other by reputation. We might not all like each other, but everyone is pretty much friendly to visitors and try to answer their questions and if you come here enough, you will see the same names and start to learn who you can trust. The challenge on Reddit is that you don't know who is answering your questions so it's hard to trust them.
gollum

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2022 09:57 am
@engineer,
Are there any similar sites? Say with more participants than Able2know but not as many as Redfit?
RPhalange

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2022 01:32 pm
@gollum,
Most online forums usually are some sort of community - like a teacher's forum, a gamer's forum. Ones that I have seen that may encompass a bit more is Nextdoor - which is more based on your local area.

There is a smaller one that is like Reddit - Saidit.net.

I use Nextdoor for things like finding out about plumbers and where is there a good restaurant.

I have not used Saidit.net, just heard about it from a family member.
0 Replies