Putin and Biden

gollum

Reply Mon 23 May, 2022 01:08 pm
I read a story about Putin and Biden. Unfortunately, I forgot where I read it and I have not been able to authenticate the story. I request your assistance:

Vice President Biden had a meeting with Prime Minister Putin. During the meeting, Putin said:

"Joe, look at me. Look at my face. We look somewhat similar. We are both old white men. But make no mistake Joe, we are not similar at all. Russia exists to expand by exercising total power over the people within its borders and to expand those boundaries by unleashing the power of the State. It has been doing this since it was the Grand Duchy of Moscow. The individual is of no consequence. If a million people have to die to achieve the border expansion and the total control of the subject people, then let them die. They do not matter. The State alone matters."

View best answer, chosen by gollum
engineer

Reply Mon 23 May, 2022 01:15 pm
@gollum,
I really seriously doubt this is in any way true. The Russians are famous for coming to meetings completely prepared, armed with scripts and expert translators. They do n0t wing things. I have read that Putin found Trump frustrating because Trump wanted to establish a personal relationship and was unprepared to actually work on issues. No way Putin says anything like this to the US Vice President.
Mame

Reply Mon 23 May, 2022 01:25 pm
VICE President Biden??
gollum

Reply Mon 23 May, 2022 01:31 pm
@engineer,
Is this an exception?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl0TBYFB08M
roger

Reply Mon 23 May, 2022 01:40 pm
@Mame,
Well, somebody has to be in charge of vice.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 23 May, 2022 02:26 pm
@gollum,
I seriously doubt it. Putin is not going to flip something out there like that. It's not to his advantage and honestly I don't think that represents Putin's belief system anyway.
gollum

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2022 02:17 pm
@engineer,
Did Putin and Biden ever meet?
engineer
  Selected Answer

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2022 02:40 pm
@gollum,
They met in Geneva last year. They met in 2011 when Biden was the VP. You can read the transcript of their remarks here.
0 Replies