disable the SIP

Reply Fri 20 May, 2022 01:16 am
Install Windows 7 on Mac: From this stage, the installation process will be the normal one, and all you have to do is follow the prompts and make any adjustments on the settings as you wish. If, however, the computer doesn't booth from the USB flash drive, try to disable the SIP by attempting to boot from the recovery partition. The startup selector should come up, and this should now allow you to boot from the USB flash drive. And the most important part is to choose the newly created partition to install Windows 7 on it. Wait for about 10 minutes and the installation will be finished.

Source

What does "SIP" stand for? I Googled and it tells me " Systematic Investment Plan", which is beyond the scope of computers.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 281 • Replies: 1
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by oristarA
Region Philbis
  Selected Answer

Reply Fri 20 May, 2022 06:29 am
@oristarA,
Quote:
System Integrity Protection (SIP) in macOS protects the entire system by preventing the execution of unauthorized code.

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/security/disabling_and_enabling_system_integrity_protection
0 Replies