My New Diet

Wed 18 May, 2022 02:25 pm
Salads

...and taking lots of supplements.

No more intermittent fasting.

I have come to the conclusion that intermittent fasting is unhealthy when done constantly.

I can have a salad soon after I wake up in the morning.

Caloric reduction, eating small salads for three meals a day. Vegetables are mostly water.

Fasting is still good, but only occasionally.

On my salad diet I have been losing weight faster than any diet and I feel it is something I can sustain. I also feel better than I ever have.

And what better foods can one eat than a multitude of various raw vegetables?

I do add meat to my salads, nuts, pickled olives and mushrooms, some cooked grains and cheese. But mostly raw vegetables.

I feel full and the meals nourish me and stay with me for a good while.

There are millions of things you can add to a salad. As long as the majority of the salad is raw vegetables.

No caffeine.

After a while my gut became accustomed to the vegetables and when I eat something like chicken fingers and fries... I feel nauseous afterwards.

I also drink a small amount of Keefer with my supplements.

My body has thanked me for stopping the intermittent fasting.

I know a salad diet is nothing new but it is to me and realizing I can lose weight just as easy with caloric reduction as with intermittent fasting I choose caloric reduction.

I am also doing red light and infra red light therapy daily.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 2,679 • Replies: 9
Topic Closed
No top replies

coluber2001

Wed 18 May, 2022 03:00 pm
@TheCobbler,
It sounds like a good diet. Everybody has to find what suits their body. I've recently started making and eating coleslaw first thing in the morning, and then a bowl of cooked vegetables with homemade seitan. Then, a bowl of oatmeal and wheat bran . It's a big breakfast.

And then some bread and a frittata in the evening. I've found that seitan is a good source a protein. That and eggs seems to satisfy my protein requirement.
TheCobbler

Wed 18 May, 2022 03:11 pm
@coluber2001,
Eggs are good food as well.

I am not sensitive to gluten so that seitan sound good.

SEEDS OF CHANGE Organic Seven Whole Grains Rice, 8.5 Ounce
https://smile.amazon.com/SEEDS-CHANGE-Organic-Tigris-Medley/dp/B07HHC3GS9/ref=sr_1_3_f3_0o_wf

These are really yummy in my salads
A couple tablespoons.
They come precooked in a vacuum sealed pouch.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Wed 18 May, 2022 09:58 pm
@TheCobbler,
Do you make your own dressing or store bought? Mostly the ready to use dressings have tons of calories.
TheCobbler

Thu 19 May, 2022 07:18 am
@CalamityJane,
Great question CalamityJane

I do use store bought dressings, for now.

But, I add things to my salad that are fermented and contain vitamin K like pickled olives, pickled mushrooms, pickled fetta cheese etc.

I often use some of the spice laden brine from them so I require much less dressing.

I have surmised that eventually I will get bored with the store bought dressing selection but they do have a lot of variety, many of which I have not tried yet.

I have a small herb garden where I grow mint, chives, parsley and oregano. I add these fresh to my salads as well.

I use the store bought dressings sparingly as possible.

The weight is dropping off so it is working and I don't think I will reach a plateau with this diet. I am not starving myself and the nutrition level is through the roof.

I can make my own dressings, peanut butter and rice vinegar with honey is a good one.
CalamityJane

Thu 19 May, 2022 03:51 pm
@TheCobbler,
Sounds like you're doing everything well and use dressing sparingly.
The problem is that store bought dressings have lots of preservatives and other ingredients you probably don't want.

Use olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt/pepper and a bit of mustard - shake it up
and it's a good dressing.
TheCobbler

Fri 20 May, 2022 07:40 am
@CalamityJane,
That is an easy to make and very delicious dressing recipe you have shared CalamityJane.

Thanks for the share.

Olive oil does contain a bit of saturated fat, like peanuts butter, but it is only a small amount and using dressings sparingly is the rule.

Peanuts 10g of saturated fat per cup
Olive oil 1.9g of saturated fat per tablespoon

Peanuts and olives are about equal on saturated fat.

I try to maintain a ratio of less than 1/4 of my salad can be meat and cheese.

If I should happen to miss lunch or dinner on any given day I do not feel like I have left my body nutritionally in the lurch.

Generally 3 salads a day and I add fruit to my salads as well.

I usually add a bit of unroasted sunflower seeds and/or roasted sesame seeds to my salad.

Yupik Organic Raw Shelled Sunflower Seeds, 2.2 lb, Non-GMO, Vegan, Gluten-Free
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TTNFBT7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00
These are really good but they do take a little bit of effort to chew.
A HUGE 2lb bag...
coluber2001

Fri 20 May, 2022 11:52 am
@TheCobbler,
Are you sensitive to gluten? I noticed that you have a gluten-free food mentioned.
TheCobbler

Fri 20 May, 2022 01:40 pm
Danger at the Deli
https://www.consumerreports.org/deli-meats/danger-at-the-deli-cold-cuts-increased-risk-cancer-heart-disease/
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Fri 20 May, 2022 01:42 pm
@coluber2001,
coluber2001 wrote:
Are you sensitive to gluten? I noticed that you have a gluten-free food mentioned.

No Coluber, I am not sensitive to gluten, besides, I take probiotics with most of my meals and they take care of any problems with food sensitivities.
0 Replies