Do Followers get My Direct Messages?

Reply Tue 3 May, 2022 01:33 pm
All the literature about facebook messaging I have gone through still does not answer my question...

If someone is following me on my Personal FB Profile. But they are not my friend, and I message them...Does it go directly to their Chat? Or Message Requests? Or do they not get it at all?

I know from this article (below) and testing it out first hand. If someone is my friend and I message them. They automatically get the message popping up in their Chats.
https://www.facebook.com/help/208160052556047

However, I get a lot of friend requests, and those people automatically become my followers (before I accept the request). I want to message them and see if I know them or what they are interested in, before I accept their friend request. Since FB Profile guidelines Cap you at 5,000 friends.

But I want to know if they are all receiving those messages or if it is a waste.

jcboy

Reply Tue 3 May, 2022 01:39 pm
@mgmartino,
mgmartino wrote:

If someone is following me on my Personal FB Profile. But they are not my friend, and I message them...Does it go directly to their Chat? Or Message Requests? Or do they not get it at all?

No, if they are not on your friends list it goes to a different folder other than your inbox. There should be an option to "Read all messages" that's where I find them. However I rarely check.
mgmartino

Reply Tue 3 May, 2022 02:44 pm
@jcboy,
Yeah, okay thanks for clarification.
0 Replies