JAMESDG

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 07:12 pm
All you people do not look down, the time is nearly here when all things will be better under the rulership of Jesus. There is no after life for most of us, but for the few chosen 144ooo in the book of revelations. The rest of us will enjoy life on earth as it was in the bigging with Adam and Eve. The earth will last to times indefinite only the way we live under suppression of the god of this system of things which is? Jesus will take care of all this and we will be given a chance to turn around and be made perfect. Very Happy
0 Replies

Able2Believe

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 08:55 am
I don't quite know what i believe-- it's a topic my mind struggles with-- sometimes it seems beyond comprehension-- something the human mind just can not fathom. I guess we will all find out one day...
0 Replies

JAMESDG

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 04:25 pm
Yes the mind can not even begin to know because is says in the bible that Gods way are higher then our was so Gods thoughts are higher then our thoughts. so we do not alway under stand what God the true God almighty will do but if you look into his perfect law you will find answers to your questions. And as for the person that said that the bible is not reliable I feel so sorry for him or her, the bible is accurate to the tee!! :wink:
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 04:34 pm
Quote:
And as for the person that said that the bible is not reliable I feel so sorry for him or her, the bible is accurate to the tee!! [Wink]

Just as long as we suspend all laws of Physics
0 Replies

JAMESDG

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 04:58 pm
How do you mean? Do you mean what goes up must come down the law of gravity, oh that is in the bible, or how about how the bible talks about the earth being round before the people, thay new it was flat yet the bible thousands of years said it was round. Or the fact that when a person dies they decay and turn to dust, for dust you are to dust you will return. So you see the bible is truly right but all different types of religions take the bible out of context and go about their own thinking and people get confused because Science makes it seem not real well it is not real if it is made up. But the bible my friend is not made up. You will find that the bible will not conflict with Science at all, Except for evolution but then again Science new the earth was flat. Look beyound your self like why are we all diying from canser, so you see Scintices do not have all the answers do they.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 09:49 pm
farmerman wrote:
Quote:
And as for the person that said that the bible is not reliable I feel so sorry for him or her, the bible is accurate to the tee!! [Wink]

Just as long as we suspend all laws of Physics
To reconcile the perverted proclamations of the priesthood, you would have to suspend not only the laws of physics but the most basic principles of human decency as well.

However, the bible does not teach what the pharisees have told us.
0 Replies

JAMESDG

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 04:38 pm
I would think so, that the bible would not teach us what the pharisees say or their belives on religion either, do you remember when Jesus condemned the pharisees for keeping people away form god with their lies and half truths. Jesus said who can save you from gehena. So the bible would not go into detail about the pharisees, and now that Jesus is our ransom, he is the only mediator to God. Not the apostils, not mother mary, not the saints. Yes the bible says God is the hearer of our prayers not any one else.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 10:15 pm
Pauligirl wrote:
We are stardust
We are golden
We are billion year old carbon
Joni MitchellP

Hence the name, CarbonSystem. That is our world afterall...clever huh?
0 Replies

John Jones

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 06:32 am
Terry wrote:
No, I do not think that there is life after physical death. Everything we know about the brain and consciousness indicates that the destruction of any part of the physical brain (whether due to drugs, disease, defects, or trauma) affects our experience of consciousness. Once the brain has been deprived of oxygen for more than a few minutes, it is no longer possible for consciousness to return even if the body is kept alive.

At the very least, consciousness requires some kind of patterned energy. There must be some kind of physical system to keep this energy from immediately dispersing, collect sensory data, process it, store and retrieve memories, and use it to create coherent patterns of thought. In addition, you will need biochemical processes if you want to feel emotions.

How, then, do you suppose that your alleged spirit can exist after the physical brain that produced the coherent brain waves that are the hallmark of awareness, is nothing but rotten meat?

Sorry, real life et al, but the Bible is not a reliable guide to anything.

Taxes affect your state of consciousness. Does that mean that consciousness is a product of taxes?
0 Replies

gurumullen

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 09:22 pm
Terry wrote:
No, I do not think that there is life after physical death. Everything we know about the brain and consciousness indicates that the destruction of any part of the physical brain (whether due to drugs, disease, defects, or trauma) affects our experience of consciousness. Once the brain has been deprived of oxygen for more than a few minutes, it is no longer possible for consciousness to return even if the body is kept alive.

At the very least, consciousness requires some kind of patterned energy. There must be some kind of physical system to keep this energy from immediately dispersing, collect sensory data, process it, store and retrieve memories, and use it to create coherent patterns of thought. In addition, you will need biochemical processes if you want to feel emotions.

How, then, do you suppose that your alleged spirit can exist after the physical brain that produced the coherent brain waves that are the hallmark of awareness, is nothing but rotten meat?

Terry's comments are limited entirely by their assumption that the construct of science is more objective than religion. both scientific and spiritual beliefs derive from what we know and are able to comprehend from our experiences and our scensory (and otherwise) interaction with reality.

neither is more reliable than the other and yet both should seek to provide functional insight into the mechanics of existance.

at the end of the day, religion and spirituality are still built around people's experiences of the world, their minds...what ever and these experiences are chemical reactions in essence but yet have great, unquestionable meaning for the protagonists.

in some religious ceremonies, people work themselves up into a staight where they believe they are 'filled with the Holy Spirit'. in this staight people have thought to have seen visions, talked with God, found peace etc and this is all when they are presumably sober! sigmund freud's views are widely influential and intrinsic to alot of contemporary psychology and yet he was a heavy opium user. how can science accept his ideas as objective, not least because his work is based on pure observational techniques?!

most of modern science is based on assumptions and tests made in light of the evidence available and sometimes more evidence comes to light that proves contrary to what we at one time, held as truth eg we now know the is infact not flat. knowledge is a composition of theory on which to base action or belief as is faith.

sometimes i can feel a harmony with life that leads me to wonder whether there is an elemental human spirit that encompasses so much more than just my body. there is so much we dont understand that we dont have time to make catagorical statements about the nature of body and soul that are limited by one set of criteria. we should embrace the unknown and put our faith in the things that make the world go round smoother rather than a nihilistic apathy that can arise from th notion that my body will rot and all that i am in mind means nothing and will rot with it.

hows this...the movement or vibrations of atoms create, density, texture, colour and all physical manifestations of matter and anti matter right? i think that maybe there's a different frequency of matter, a kind of submatter, that exists at the same point in space as this frequency of matter and time and our consciousness resonates at this frequncey but is contained within the body which is resonating at a different rate. when the body dies, the consciousness (soul) continues to exist in submatter. i think that the submatter resonates at the same frequency as the elemental vibrations that cause atoms to create matter and this is the source of all living energy (God). this would mean that when we die, we become the same as the elemental energies that create matter itself and at this point our consciouness is aware of everything all at once (heaven).

of course, all this is up for discussion....
0 Replies

gurumullen

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 09:22 pm
Terry wrote:

Terry's comments are limited entirely by their assumption that the construct of science is more objective than religion. both scientific and spiritual beliefs derive from what we know and are able to comprehend from our experiences and our scensory (and otherwise) interaction with reality.

neither is more reliable than the other and yet both should seek to provide functional insight into the mechanics of existance.

at the end of the day, religion and spirituality are still built around people's experiences of the world, their minds...what ever and these experiences are chemical reactions in essence but yet have great, unquestionable meaning for the protagonists.

in some religious ceremonies, people work themselves up into a staight where they believe they are 'filled with the Holy Spirit'. in this staight people have thought to have seen visions, talked with God, found peace etc and this is all when they are presumably sober! sigmund freud's views are widely influential and intrinsic to alot of contemporary psychology and yet he was a heavy opium user. how can science accept his ideas as objective, not least because his work is based on pure observational techniques?!

most of modern science is based on assumptions and tests made in light of the evidence available and sometimes more evidence comes to light that proves contrary to what we at one time, held as truth eg we now know the is infact not flat. knowledge is a composition of theory on which to base action or belief as is faith.

sometimes i can feel a harmony with life that leads me to wonder whether there is an elemental human spirit that encompasses so much more than just my body. there is so much we dont understand that we dont have time to make catagorical statements about the nature of body and soul that are limited by one set of criteria. we should embrace the unknown and put our faith in the things that make the world go round smoother rather than a nihilistic apathy that can arise from th notion that my body will rot and all that i am in mind means nothing and will rot with it.

hows this...the movement or vibrations of atoms create, density, texture, colour and all physical manifestations of matter and anti matter right? i think that maybe there's a different frequency of matter, a kind of submatter, that exists at the same point in space as this frequency of matter and time and our consciousness resonates at this frequncey but is contained within the body which is resonating at a different rate. when the body dies, the consciousness (soul) continues to exist in submatter. i think that the submatter resonates at the same frequency as the elemental vibrations that cause atoms to create matter and this is the source of all living energy (God). this would mean that when we die, we become the same as the elemental energies that create matter itself and at this point our consciouness is aware of everything all at once (heaven).

0 Replies

John Jones

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 03:00 am
gurumullen wrote:
[

Put one arm only in each arm of your sweater. Then try re-typing.
0 Replies