Putin's War Part 2.

izzythepush

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2022 04:51 am
It's been reported that both Finland and Sweden will make bids for NATO membership in May.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2022 06:41 am
Death Toll Among Senior Russian Energy Executives Since 1/1/22 - Four

However, Sergei Protosenya is not the only Russian energy company representative that lately has been found dead. Only one day before deaths in Lloret de Mar, a similar case took place in Moscow. Vladislav Avayev was former deputy president of Gazprombank. He was on the 18th of April found dead in his apartment with a gun in his hand. In the same apartment were found killed his pregnant wife and daughter, Baza reported.

snip

Two months earlier, on the 25th of February, a deputy head of a Gazprom subsidiary was found dead in a village near St.Petersburg. Aleksandr Tyulyakov was key figure in Gazprom’s financial settlements center, 47news.ru reports. And in January this year, a leading representative of Gazprom Invest was found dead in that same village. Leonid Shulman headed the company’s transport service, 47news.ru reported.

In all the four cases, the men appear to have committed suicide. But there are believed to be a number of suspicious circumstances related to the cases. Two of the deaths come after Vladimir Putin’s landmark speech on 13th of March where he warns against “fifth columnists” and “national traitors.”

“I am not condemning those who have villas in Miami or on the French Riviera, who can not live without foie gras, oysters or so-called gender freedoms. The essence of the problem is rather, as I have said before, that many of those people mentally are located there and not here, with our nation, not with Russia,” the president told his government.

https://thebarentsobserver.com/en/life-and-public/2022/04/four-top-russian-energy-leaders-are-found-dead
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2022 06:54 am
Norway Arrests Activists Blocking Tanker from Unloading Russian Oil
Norwegian police said they had arrested 20 Greenpeace and Extinction Rebellion campaigners who on Monday blocked a tanker from delivering Russian oil to an Exxon Mobil terminal.

In a protest against Russia's invasion of Ukraine, activists had fastened their red rubber dinghy to the Ust Luga's anchor chain, Greenpeace said, as they sought to prevent it offloading an estimated 95,000 tonnes of oil.

"Oil is not only at the root of the climate crisis, but also of wars and conflicts. I am shocked that Norway operates as a free port for Russian oil, which we know finances Putin's warfare," Greenpeace Norway head Frode Pleym said.

The group called on the Norwegian government to ban imports of Russian fossil fuels and said that Exxon Mobil's XOM.N Norwegian Esso unit should cancel any contracts for such imports from Russia over its invasion of Ukraine, which Moscow describes as a "special military operation".

https://www.marinelink.com/news/norway-arrests-activists-blocking-tanker-496056
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2022 06:58 am
Norway Arrests Activists Blocking Tanker from Unloading Russian Oil

Norwegian police said they had arrested 20 Greenpeace and Extinction Rebellion campaigners who on Monday blocked a tanker from delivering Russian oil to an Exxon Mobil terminal.

In a protest against Russia's invasion of Ukraine, activists had fastened their red rubber dinghy to the Ust Luga's anchor chain, Greenpeace said, as they sought to prevent it offloading an estimated 95,000 tonnes of oil.

"Oil is not only at the root of the climate crisis, but also of wars and conflicts. I am shocked that Norway operates as a free port for Russian oil, which we know finances Putin's warfare," Greenpeace Norway head Frode Pleym said.

The group called on the Norwegian government to ban imports of Russian fossil fuels and said that Exxon Mobil's XOM.N Norwegian Esso unit should cancel any contracts for such imports from Russia over its invasion of Ukraine, which Moscow describes as a "special military operation".

https://www.marinelink.com/news/norway-arrests-activists-blocking-tanker-496056

American Corporations making from money from and for Putin.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2022 11:54 am
The Kremlin has announced "a proportionate response" if Britain encourages Ukraine to attack Russian territory.

And: Russia stops gas deliveries to Poland as of Wednesday.
Russian gas has been flowing through the Yamal pipeline to Poland for years. As of Wednesday, this is to stop, Russia seems to want to make an example.
engineer

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2022 12:01 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I think the example will be how EU countries can be held hostage to Russia by their energy needs. I don't think the long term results will be what Russia wants since it will encourage eastern Europe to get their energy elsewhere.
roger

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2022 12:07 pm
@engineer,
I don't know what options they might have, but going through a northern Europe with no heat from any source sounds lethal. I don't have it in me to simply tell them to 'hang tough'.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2022 12:09 pm
@engineer,
Then again, the only leverage they have is in the short term, the EU has already made plans to reduce and phase out Russian energy completely.

It won't get the response they want, the Poles are all too familiar with Russian brutality and aren't going to run scared.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2022 12:28 pm
@roger,
If, as a result of a failure of Russian gas supplies, there should be a significant disruption of the gas supply, e.g. in Germany, measures will be taken to restrict consumption.
This would first affect industrial and larger commercial customers.

If, as a result of a failure of Russian gas supplies, there should be a significant disruption of the gas supply, e.g. in Germany, measures will be taken to restrict consumption. This would first affect industrial and larger commercial customers.

The guarantee of gas supply to so-called "protected customers" (household customers, basic social services [e.g. health care, inpatient care facilities or hospices, emergency and safety facilities, educational institutions], district heating facilities) is regulated by law for extreme emergencies.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2022 12:47 pm
@roger,
They should run out and buy some space heaters; we're talking about getting some for some rooms in our house.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2022 12:50 pm
@Mame,
The power for the space heaters has to come from somewhere.
Mame

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2022 12:57 pm
@izzythepush,
Electricity.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2022 01:15 pm
@Mame,
Something has to generate that electricity.
Mame

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2022 02:36 pm
@izzythepush,
I should do a comparison.

How're you doing today, izzy?
izzythepush

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2022 02:43 pm
@Mame,
Not so bad thanks, hope you're feeling well.

The thing is most of Europe is dependent on Russian oil and gas as a percentage of energy generation, something that can't be made up overnight.
Mame

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2022 03:02 pm
@izzythepush,
Yes. And they're shutting down nuclear facilities in Germany, France has two which are over-budget and overdue, you have a couple... I was reading that they're talking in the UK in building a bunch of smaller ones that can each provide for entire cities at a lower cost rather than the larger ones you currently have. Is that a serious discussion in the UK?
izzythepush

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2022 03:18 pm
@Mame,
yes it is, because of North Sea oil we're less dependent on Russian energy but yes it is.

Nuclear power does not give greenhouse gasses and contribute to global warming.

I'm not saying it's a good thing.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2022 03:44 pm
https://img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/image/1394/11/1394117381328.gif
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2022 04:11 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

It's been reported that both Finland and Sweden will make bids for NATO membership in May.

I saw a tweet from somebody calling themselves 'Darth Putin' that struck me funny, it said "Have warned Finland & Sweden that if they join NATO I will be forced to sink my ships near their coast as well"

((It's dark humor, but paints an interesting picture))
Mame

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2022 04:30 pm
@glitterbag,
That's funny Smile Thanks for the laugh!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 02:25:43