What is the difference between a duck? (Hotel film quote)

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 04:19 pm
Ok, in the last few days I have been at several friends' houses while "Hotel" was playing (the title of the thread is a silly riddle from the movie).

It looked like the ole arty but pointless disjointed flick but I'm willing to give it a shot if someone here says it's worth it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,416 • Replies: 8
No top replies

roger

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 05:30 pm
The difference between a duck is about a half pound of quackers. I don't do movies, so that's my only contribution.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 08:23 pm
Is that question an oldie? I thought it was just deliberate absurdity in the Alice vein.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 08:31 pm
Both, I think. What's the difference between a ____________ is quite old. The duck may be brand new.

I used to work with a guy named Duckworth. He thought the quackers was old the first time he heard it.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 08:49 pm
"Hotel" is arty? Or is it Arty the Duck. Or, I hope not, Howard the Duck?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 08:51 pm
(It is a late 60's Hollywood melodrama potboiler which became an even worse TV series).
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 08:52 pm
Or perhaps you're thinking of "Hotel Rwanda," definitely not a quacker.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 10:37 pm
That doesn't sound like the Jodie Foster flick at all.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 06:31 am
You refer to "Hotel New Hampshire" from the John Irving novel, and who's novels have been successfully filmed before and after, "The World According to Garp" and "Cider House Rules." That puts a different light on Craven's quirky humor. Not nearly as successful a film as the other Irving filmations. One good line I've used from "Hotel NH" is "he has the virsatility of a lawn mower." At least, I remember that's a line in HNH.

Still, that film is worth seeing for performances even though they lose the thread of Irving's story at several points in the filmmation. I would think Craven should rather read the book.
0 Replies