Ryan Franklin is a juicer!

Drake80

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 01:06 pm
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-mariners-drugs-franklin&prov=ap&type=lgns

Quote:
DETROIT (AP) -- Seattle Mariners pitcher Ryan Franklin was suspended 10 days for violating his sport's steroids policy, the eighth major league player caught under the tougher rules enacted this year prohibiting performance-enhancing substances.

The announcement Tuesday came one day after Orioles slugger Rafael Palmeiro was suspended after testing positive for steroids.

Franklin, a 32-year-old right-hander, is 6-11 this season with a 4.61 ERA in 22 games, including 20 starts. He was expected to talk with reporters later Tuesday.

``We are very disappointed to learn this news,'' Mariners spokesman Tim Hevly said. ``But it's the direction of Major League Baseball, and, following its rules, we are not able to comment further
.''
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 676 • Replies: 9
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 01:09 pm
Goodness. Ten whole days?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 01:10 pm
At this rate there will be no players left by the end of the season they'll all be out on suspension. (Of course similar to the rest of these clowns they will deny it).
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 01:52 pm
Ya know....Babe, Hank Aaron, The Mick and all those other guys who were actually good at the game must be rolling over in their graves.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 03:27 pm
yeah.
all they did was drink, smoke and take speed...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 08:16 pm
Region Philbis wrote:
yeah.
all they did was drink, smoke and take speed...

Laughing You forgot whoring...

At least they weren't juiced. Their ability would have been hindered by their activities, not enhanced. They played with ease even when they were all hung over and messed up. Natural talent doesn't come often and it doesn't come in a syringe. I am not impressed with the "talent" that comes from most of the pro baseball players today.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 10:56 am
Quote:

i was limiting it to what they did in the dugout during the game...
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 11:08 am
Didn't Franklin throw like a 88mph fastball??? I'd hate to see him if he wasn't juiced.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 12:28 pm
Region Philbis wrote:
Quote:

i was limiting it to what they did in the dugout during the game...

:wink:
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 12:47 pm
My colleague, a Mariner season ticket holder, is chagrinned. Given Franklin's less than mediocre stats, I can only wonder what he'd have accomplished if he'd been clean...
0 Replies