Has (Marjorie Taylor Greene) become the face of the Republican party?

jcboy

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2022 03:43 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

You have not heard of Marjorie Taylor Greene?

I thought everyone heard of that nut case. Razz
coluber2001

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2022 06:49 pm
Marjorie Taylor Green: queen of malaprops or or just a stupid ****? It's not shtick, it's stupid ****. "Peachtree dish?" "gazpacho police"

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2022 11:08 pm
@jcboy,
She's relatively unknown over here.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 04:18 am
@izzythepush,
I hope she is long out of 'public life' before anyone other than historians look into her crazy-pants screed.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 06:06 am
@glitterbag,
If it wasn't for A2K I probably wouldn't have heard of her.

She's not got a high enough profile like Sarah Palin.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2022 03:37 pm

https://iili.io/Lv3IB1.jpg
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2022 05:19 pm
@Region Philbis,
I cannot imagine a marriage so bad I'd walk away from her $30,000,000 inheritance she obtained after their marriage. I mean, if I could have married her in the first place ....
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2022 05:01 pm
(Marjorie Taylor Greene) says MAGA would've won on Jan. 6
if she organized it.

Published December 11, 2022

Quote:
Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene, a Georgia Republican, suggested that the January 6, 2021, Capitol riot would have succeeded if she was in charge.

Greene was among the high-profile guests to attend and speak at an event hosted by the New York Young Republican Club in New York City on Saturday evening. Others in attendance included former President Donald Trump's son Donald Trump Jr., Rudy Giuliani, and commentator Jack Posobiec.

During her address at the event, Greene touched on the Capitol riot, a subject she has been consistently outspoken on, and said that rioters would have been successful had she and former Trump adviser Steve Bannon been in charge of them, according to the New York Post.

"I want to tell you something, if Steve Bannon and I had organized that, we would have won," the congresswoman said. "Not to mention, we would've been armed."

Last year's attack on the U.S. Capitol building was carried out by supporters of Trump following his "Stop the Steal" rally, spurred on by the news that then-Vice President Mike Pence had not intervened in the certification of Joe Biden's 2020 election win. According to testimony from some involved, rioters sought to disrupt the certification process in an effort to keep Trump in power, with some explicitly targeting members of Congress. Rioters were also infamously heard chanting "Hang Mike Pence."

Among her other talking points at the event, Greene also reiterated her opposition to aid for Ukraine, bragging about her refusal to vote in favor of a "single penny." She also questioned the provision of Secret Service protection to progressive Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and called on the incoming House GOP majority to support more of her proposals, including a ban on gender-affirming care for transgender youths under 18, which she dubiously equated to "genital mutilation."

In the past, Greene has made the treatment of January 6 prisoners one of her leading political issues, claiming that they have been mistreated in jail while awaiting trial. Following a visit to a Washington, D.C., jail last year, she said that the prisoners clapped, cheered, and cried when they met her.

The GOP lawmaker has also faced legal scrutiny over allegations that she helped facilitate the attack on the Capitol by providing tours of the building in the days leading up to the insurrection. A group of voters in Georgia brought the case against her, claiming that individuals who help stage an insurrection are barred from holding elected office under the 14th Amendment. Greene has denied any wrongdoing or involvement in the riot, calling herself a "victim" of the event.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/marjorie-taylor-greene-says-maga-wouldve-won-on-jan-6-if-she-organized-it/ar-AA159F5X
roger

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2022 05:15 pm
@Real Music,
You have to wonder exactly she means by "won"
Real Music

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2022 05:28 pm
@roger,
According to the above article, (Marjorie Taylor Greene) said the following:

"I want to tell you something, if Steve Bannon and I had organized that, we would have won," the congresswoman said.
"Not to mention, we would've been armed."
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2022 09:08 pm
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., said during a New York Young Republicans Club event over the weekend
that Jan. 6 protesters 'would've been armed' if she and Steve Bannon had been in charge of organizing it. The
Morning Joe panel discusses Rep. Taylor Greene and why Republicans will continue to lose elections because
of inflammatory rhetoric.

Published December 12, 2022

0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2022 10:25 am
Beau of the fifth column discusses:

"I want to tell you something, if Steve Bannon and I had organized that, we would have won. Not to mention, we would've been armed."
--MTG

Real Music

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2022 01:15 pm
@coluber2001,
1. That video is very insightful.

2. Thanks for posting it.

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2023 09:42 pm
New details on McCarthy's 'ironclad' alliance with Marjorie Taylor Greene.

Published January 23, 2023

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2023 10:35 pm
'Extremely alarming': Ex-DHS official responds to Marjorie Taylor Greene's
committee assignments.

Miles Taylor, former chief of staff at the US Department of Homeland Security during the Trump administration,
shares his concerns after House (Republicans) placed Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) on the Homeland
Security Committee.

Published January 18, 2023

0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2023 03:52 pm

https://iili.io/HVxzyCJ.jpg
revelette1

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2023 05:25 pm
@Region Philbis,
Quote:
United States Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Georgia) undermined her own attack on President Joe Biden's immigration policies surrounding illegal drugs that have been intercepted by Customs and Border Patrol during a Tuesday House of Representatives Homeland Security Committee hearing.

"I want you to know that in 2020 there were 4,800 pounds of fentanyl seized by CBP. But in 2021, fiscal year 2021, it increased to 11,200 pounds of fentanyl was seized by the CBP. That is a direct result of Biden administration failure policies," said Greene. "Now here we are in – to date, to date, fiscal, fiscal year 2023 – they have already seized 12,500 pounds of fentanyl. The Biden administration is failing this country by not protecting our border and securing our border, and stopping Chinese fentanyl from being brought into our country illegally by the cartels, and people are dying every single day because of it."

Social media users immediately pounced on Greene for, apparently, not understanding what the word "seized" means.

https://www.alternet.org/marjorie-taylor-greene-mocked-seized/
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2023 12:11 am
House Republicans have opened an inquiry into the alleged mistreatment of Jan. 6 riot defendants being held in a D.C. jail. Meanwhile, Republicans on the House Oversight Committee reportedly plan to visit the jail. MSNBC’s Ari Melber reports on Republicans’ broader effort to (portray) Jan. 6 rioters as victims, and is joined by Political Strategist Chai Komanduri, who
says the insurrection is “turning into a fond myth of MAGA,” and compares MAGA to “a cult.”

Published March 10, 2023

0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2023 01:20 pm

NYC Mayor has stern message for MTG: Behave Yourself
(yahoo)
jcboy

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2023 01:25 pm
@Region Philbis,
She won't, she's an idiot and can't help herself. I missed 60 minutes last night because I couldn't stand to look at her!