Has (Marjorie Taylor Greene) become the face of the Republican party?

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2022 08:11 am
@Real Music,
Aren't they supposed to arrest her, charge her with insurrection, presume her innocent until proven guilty, and then, after she's had due process, only if she's found guilty talk about limiting her rights?
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2022 09:31 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Aren't they supposed to arrest her, charge her with insurrection, presume her innocent until proven guilty, and then, after she's had due process, only if she's found guilty talk about limiting her rights?

Actually, what they should do is to throw all these OBVIOUSLY traitorous bastards into prison for the rest of their lives...including the morons of the right who continue to defend these disgusting insurrectionists.

But, those of us on this side of that fence will not abide that kind of thing...and will have to put up with traitors from the other side talking about what should LAWFULLY be done, despite the fact that they are helping to destroy our laws and Constitution.

So...drone on, Brandon.

izzythepush

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2022 09:41 am
@Frank Apisa,
I think that Brandon is saying that instead of facing a hearing to see if she is fit for office, she should be charged with treason and held on remand prior to a hearing.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2022 09:44 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I think that Brandon is saying that instead of facing a hearing to see if she is fit gor office, she should be charged with treason and held on remand prior to a hearing.

I understand that, Izzy...and under normal circumstances I would agree. But the American right wing has gone totally apeshit...and they are pushing our nation to the brink of chaos and anarchy. They have condoned the most flagrant instance of refusing to comply with a fairly run election EVER.

For Brandon, who manages to overlook all of the damage his side is doing to our democracy to be giving advise on how we should be handling someone like Greene...is an absurdity.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2022 09:56 am
@Frank Apisa,
Brandon is doing what he always does muddy the waters.

What Green is subject to is a hearing to see if she can still stand for office while Brandon is acting as if she is in some sort of kangaroo court.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2022 10:38 am
Republicans are terrified that Marjorie Taylor Greene becoming the face of The Party

During a recent panel discussion on CNN, it was reported that Republican lawmakers are
growing increasingly worried that Marjorie Taylor Greene is becoming the new "face" of the
Republican Party. They are right to worry, as Greene has become one of the most noticeable
and vocal members of the Party's congressional delegation, for all the wrong reasons. But
their fears may be coming too late, as it already appears that Greene has been far too
influential in shaping the direction the Party is currently traveling. Ring of Fire's Farron Cousins
discusses this.

Published December 4, 2021

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2022 11:12 am
Judge declares Marjorie Taylor Green a hostile witness

https://www.rawstory.com/marjorie-taylor-greene-testimony/?recip_id=31440&list_id=1

A judge declared Rep. Marjorie Taylor Green (R-GA) an adverse witness after she repeatedly evaded questions by an attorney who represents voters challenging her eligibility to hold federal office.

The Georgia Republican testified Friday during an evidentiary hearing in the lawsuit, which argues that Greene should be removed from the 2022 ballot because she supported the Jan. 6 insurrection, and she clashed with Free Speech for People attorney Andrew Celli over whether she believed in December 2020 that Donald Trump's election loss was fraudulent.

"When you sent out this tweet, you wanted people to read the tweet and know that it was your view that the vote for Mr. Biden for president was fraudulent, or some of them were," Celli said, but Greene denied that. "I am asking when you sent this, you are communicating to your people who read this Twitter account that you believe that there were fraudulent votes for Mr. Biden, and your goal was to keep the president in the White House."

Greene said she was looking for a senator to join her objection to Biden's election, which she said was her responsibility as a member of Congress.

"I'm entitled to get answers to my question, your honor," Celli said. "Can I ask the court to acknowledge that this is an adverse witness, a hostile witness?"

The judge agreed, saying Greene was an adverse witness and the attorney had a right to cross examine her.

"I would ask the court to remind the witness that in this posture, she has to answer my questions, she cannot give speeches," Celli said. "Is that fair?"
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2022 02:34 pm
Marjorie Taylor Greene was the most non-credible person I've seen
on a witness stand in decades

But it's unlikely the 14th Amendment still has the strength left to bar her from Congress.

By Charles P. Pierce

April 22, 2022

Quote:
If I were a member of Congress, and let us all be thankful that I am not, I think I would remember whether the President* of the United States and I had a chat about the possibility that he would declare martial law in order to stay in office after he’d lost an election. That would be the kind of thing that would stick with a fella, I would think.

Unfortunately, Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene just couldn’t quite remember if she and the former president* had discussed the troops-in-the-street option prior to the insurrection on January 6, 2021. You know, she’s been really busy, what with being banned from Twitter and stripped of her committee assignments. You can’t expect her to remember every little detail of that chaotic time, like whether the president* and she talked about overthrowing the government by force of arms.

Do you believe President Trump should impose martial law to remain in power?

In those meetings, you discussed with him your advocacy for the idea that there should be martial law declared in the United States?

Did you ever advocate that any member should push for martial law?

Are you or any other congressional representatives advocating for martial law to stop the peaceful transition of power before the inauguration?

Twelve years of civics classes tell me that every member of Congress since Alexander Hamilton Stevens should be able to answer that question in the negative. Answering “yes” would be horrifying, but no longer a surprise. But Rep. Greene couldn’t remember any such discussion at all, and if any exchange typified the extended puppet show in Georgia on Friday, it was that one. She was facing an administrative court judge on a challenge by voters in her district that argues that Greene is disqualified from running for re-election because her involvement in the events of January 6 place her in violation of a provision of the 14th Amendment that states:

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any state legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any state, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof.

The whole thing is a long shot, but it’s one worth taking if it gives pause to any of the up-and-coming crazies who likely will be arriving in Washington next January. Of course, the only thing the administrative court can do is recommend actions to the Georgia Secretary of State, Brad Raffensperger, who’s been a piñata ever since he refused to go along with the former president* two years ago, and who’s running for re-election at the moment.

Greene performed pretty much as expected: bellyaching about how mean CNN and Mother Jones have been to her, accusing the lawyers from the other side of barbering damaging video clips, disavowing social media entries from her own accounts, throwing out references to Antifa and BLM whenever she had the chance, and suffering terrible episodes of memory loss that cleared up only when her lawyers questioned her. And she had the cream of the wingnut legal community on duty—James Bopp, the big daddy of voter suppression and unlimited corporate money, and Kurt Hilbert, a local lawyer who’d been on the famous phone call in which the former president* asked Raffensperger to find him 11,000 votes. When Greene was suffering amnesia on the topic of martial law, Bopp leaped in with the most preposterous assertion of executive privilege in the history of recorded time. He was overruled, but he earned his money on Friday, for sure.

Greene was pretty plainly dealing throughout in barefaced non-facts. She was an objectively terrible witness on her own behalf, probably the most obviously non-credible person I’ve seen on a witness stand since I saw a Massachusetts bagman claim a senator who’d been paying him off for decades actually was extorting him. But it’s almost impossible to imagine this challenge actually succeeding. The poor, old 14th Amendment has taken a brutal beating over the past half-century. Section 3, the part the challenge is based on, has been locked in a steamer trunk in the attic since the last real Confederate died. The 14th was an appeal for the country to change, if it had the guts to do so. It didn’t. And the result is Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, Republican of Georgia.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a39800589/marjorie-taylor-greene-testify-14th-amendment-challenge/?msclkid=b7ca782ac33e11ec8a472b71679bafad
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2022 05:27 am
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:

Marjorie Taylor Greene was the most non-credible person I've seen
on a witness stand in decades

But it's unlikely the 14th Amendment still has the strength left to bar her from Congress.

By Charles P. Pierce

April 22, 2022

Quote:
If I were a member of Congress, and let us all be thankful that I am not, I think I would remember whether the President* of the United States and I had a chat about the possibility that he would declare martial law in order to stay in office after he’d lost an election. That would be the kind of thing that would stick with a fella, I would think.

Unfortunately, Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene just couldn’t quite remember if she and the former president* had discussed the troops-in-the-street option prior to the insurrection on January 6, 2021. You know, she’s been really busy, what with being banned from Twitter and stripped of her committee assignments. You can’t expect her to remember every little detail of that chaotic time, like whether the president* and she talked about overthrowing the government by force of arms.

Do you believe President Trump should impose martial law to remain in power?

In those meetings, you discussed with him your advocacy for the idea that there should be martial law declared in the United States?

Did you ever advocate that any member should push for martial law?

Are you or any other congressional representatives advocating for martial law to stop the peaceful transition of power before the inauguration?

Twelve years of civics classes tell me that every member of Congress since Alexander Hamilton Stevens should be able to answer that question in the negative. Answering “yes” would be horrifying, but no longer a surprise. But Rep. Greene couldn’t remember any such discussion at all, and if any exchange typified the extended puppet show in Georgia on Friday, it was that one. She was facing an administrative court judge on a challenge by voters in her district that argues that Greene is disqualified from running for re-election because her involvement in the events of January 6 place her in violation of a provision of the 14th Amendment that states:

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any state legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any state, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof.

The whole thing is a long shot, but it’s one worth taking if it gives pause to any of the up-and-coming crazies who likely will be arriving in Washington next January. Of course, the only thing the administrative court can do is recommend actions to the Georgia Secretary of State, Brad Raffensperger, who’s been a piñata ever since he refused to go along with the former president* two years ago, and who’s running for re-election at the moment.

Greene performed pretty much as expected: bellyaching about how mean CNN and Mother Jones have been to her, accusing the lawyers from the other side of barbering damaging video clips, disavowing social media entries from her own accounts, throwing out references to Antifa and BLM whenever she had the chance, and suffering terrible episodes of memory loss that cleared up only when her lawyers questioned her. And she had the cream of the wingnut legal community on duty—James Bopp, the big daddy of voter suppression and unlimited corporate money, and Kurt Hilbert, a local lawyer who’d been on the famous phone call in which the former president* asked Raffensperger to find him 11,000 votes. When Greene was suffering amnesia on the topic of martial law, Bopp leaped in with the most preposterous assertion of executive privilege in the history of recorded time. He was overruled, but he earned his money on Friday, for sure.

Greene was pretty plainly dealing throughout in barefaced non-facts. She was an objectively terrible witness on her own behalf, probably the most obviously non-credible person I’ve seen on a witness stand since I saw a Massachusetts bagman claim a senator who’d been paying him off for decades actually was extorting him. But it’s almost impossible to imagine this challenge actually succeeding. The poor, old 14th Amendment has taken a brutal beating over the past half-century. Section 3, the part the challenge is based on, has been locked in a steamer trunk in the attic since the last real Confederate died. The 14th was an appeal for the country to change, if it had the guts to do so. It didn’t. And the result is Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, Republican of Georgia.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a39800589/marjorie-taylor-greene-testify-14th-amendment-challenge/?msclkid=b7ca782ac33e11ec8a472b71679bafad

I think Charles Pierce is absolutely correct. Greene is disgusting...and about as non-credible on the stand as anyone has ever been.

I think, however, that she will be allowed to run.

And I think there are enough people who will vote for a slug like her for her to be re-elected.

I hope not, but...hopes for our nation and its values have been shattered during the last 5 1/2 years by the American right.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2022 06:32 am

https://iili.io/VSuCQt.jpg
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2022 05:22 pm

https://iili.io/VLAsKx.jpg
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2022 05:56 pm
@Region Philbis,
That's the one. Good job.

Does make me wonder - where's Curly and Moe?
coluber2001

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2022 12:33 pm
https://mediacloud.theweek.com/image/upload/f_auto,t_single-media-image-desktop@1/v1650982200/lk042622dAPR.jpg
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2022 03:55 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

That's the one. Good job.

Does make me wonder - where's Curly and Moe?

That was a low blow.

What did Curly and Moe ever do to warrant that slur?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2022 05:12 pm
@InfraBlue,
I forgot to insert photos:

https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8yNjAyMjU0MS9vcmlnaW4uanBnIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTY0MjcxNDk0OH0.iauZPYWFJFn3N8gVjW_zFVZCjiD26jFtp5FTlKWKy90/img.jpg?width=800&coordinates=0%2C0%2C0%2C28&height=400

Moe

https://www.excellenceabove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Tucker-Carlsons-trademarked-Tuck-Face-is-an-incredible-move-he-uses-well-to-win-his-debates.-Nice..jpg

Curly
0 Replies

ElisaTL

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2022 06:00 pm
@engineer,
I am SO glad you said that because every time i am critisizing her I get flamed as Demorat and it pisses me off because I am not supposed to love and kiss an ass of every republican in my party! I see MTG as a clown since she yelled she will impeach Biden! Like...who ta hell going to listen to you? No respect, no accomplishments, nobody who is taking todays situation in country as a podium for her BS promises and boogy woogy...
coluber2001

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2022 07:03 pm
@ElisaTL,
What? I think I agree with you, but I'm not sure what you're saying.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2022 08:00 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

I think she's more the ass of the Republican party then the face. Razz

She's a malignant melanoma on the ass of the Republican party.

I just corrected your typo.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2022 01:36 am
@coluber2001,
How did she attempt a coup? I dare you to back that up with anything at all.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2022 01:55 am
@Brandon9000,
How would you know what she said?

You were too busy gobbling up what came out of the other end.