Koran at Gitmo

neologist

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 10:45 am
Rex; Would Jesus have supported your position?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 01:42 pm
neologist wrote:
Rex; Would Jesus have supported your position?

Jesus indicated that it took repentance to receive forgiveness.

I think Jesus would see the logic of my post...

I may be a bit overboard but not by much...

Jesus had a keen eye for hypocrisy...

Smile
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 01:54 pm
Setanta wrote:
When you post something publicly, you are foisting your point of view on others. I came here and reasonably objected that you are condemning invididuals whom you do not know to be guilty. Since that time, you have accused me of hating the United States, of being disloyal, of being a traitor--you badly need to get a grip.

I am not pushing my opinion "on" others but "for" others if you want to put my opinion "on" yourself that is your own choice... People can abstain from reading my opinion if they so desire.

My accusations would not bother you if they did not ring some bell of truth.

You spread hatred for our president, I rest my case...

I trust the military... to me they are guilty because military intelligence says so... that is enough for me...

You just like to impose your politically negative, pessimistic, invent evil first attitude...

I don't buy it...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 02:20 pm
RexRed wrote:

That is a playground accusation, and a lie.

Quote:

What case, blind loyalty based on ignorance? Those boys can see a sucker like you coming a mile away, and they love it. George Bush could stand on his mother's shoulders and not reach the ankles of Theodore Roosevelt, who wrote:

Quote:
To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else.

Quote:
I trust the military... to me they are guilty because military intelligence says so... that is enough for me...

I trust the military, but i don't trust Rummy, and you're being a fool if you think Rummy and the military are the same thing. He ignored the advice of the military before the invasion, he ignored it during the invasion and he ignores it now. And the price this nation has paid is nearly two thousand American lives.

Quote:
You just like to impose your politically negative, pessimistic, invent evil first attitude...

I don't buy it...

It's not for sale, and it's not on offer, because its a figment of your imagination. Now you accuse me of evil--even though, as usual, what little coherence you have goes out the window when you spew your emotional rants, it's clear enough that you're flinging another accusation. You've gotten hysterically hateful ever since i questioned what you wrote. I simply pointed out that were accusing people whom you do not know to be guilty. That remains true. I've not imposed anything, i'm countering your sick christian hatefulness. Because that is what it boils down to--your obsessive christian manias lead you into fevered distortions in which you warp the reality around you to fit your religious prejudices. You love the Shrub because he pedals that phoney born-again crap. I gotta bridge i can sell ya, you'll be better off with that than with the line of horseshit the administration is selling the country.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 10:09 am
Setanta wrote:
RexRed wrote:

That is a playground accusation, and a lie.

Quote:

What case, blind loyalty based on ignorance? Those boys can see a sucker like you coming a mile away, and they love it. George Bush could stand on his mother's shoulders and not reach the ankles of Theodore Roosevelt, who wrote:

Quote:
To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else.

Quote:

I trust the military, but i don't trust Rummy, and you're being a fool if you think Rummy and the military are the same thing. He ignored the advice of the military before the invasion, he ignored it during the invasion and he ignores it now. And the price this nation has paid is nearly two thousand American lives.

Quote:

I don't buy it...

It's not for sale, and it's not on offer, because its a figment of your imagination. Now you accuse me of evil--even though, as usual, what little coherence you have goes out the window when you spew your emotional rants, it's clear enough that you're flinging another accusation. You've gotten hysterically hateful ever since i questioned what you wrote. I simply pointed out that were accusing people whom you do not know to be guilty. That remains true. I've not imposed anything, i'm countering your sick christian hatefulness. Because that is what it boils down to--your obsessive christian manias lead you into fevered distortions in which you warp the reality around you to fit your religious prejudices. You love the Shrub because he pedals that phoney born-again crap. I gotta bridge i can sell ya, you'll be better off with that than with the line of horseshit the administration is selling the country.

You are convicting me... it means very little to me...

I am ok with myself, my President and my God...

If you don't like that, well you can't please everyone...

You think you are a "superior" judge of character...

You get your politics from move on.org and they get theirs from the gutter/trash/toilet...

And you criticize my conservative rags... haha

Smile
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 02:22 pm
Setanta,

Did you support the first Gulf War?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 09:34 pm
RexRed wrote:

You convict yourself. I questioned you because you were accusing people about whom you know nothing. You have responded by accusing me of treason, of hating the United States, of supporting terrorists. All i did was ask how you knew these people to be guilty. You accused me of using left wing rhetoric. All i did was point out that you don't know for a fact that these people are guilty.

Quote:

You have your own personal President and your own personal God? How nice for you.

Quote:

It is a matter of indifference to wether or not you feel that way. If you post more drivel which accuses people you do not know when you have no proof, i'll respond in the same way.

Quote:

This is a statement without foundation, and redolent of resentment and anger. Too bad you feel that way, you need to have a genuinely good self-image, rather that just make an assertion that you are "ok with myself" and vent your spleen in such a manner.

Quote:
You get your politics from move on.org and they get theirs from the gutter/trash/toilet...

My politics are the product of my life's experience, and began to form in the 1960's, before the internet was even conceived of. I've never visited moveon.org's web site. I read newspapers for the information i need to form my opinions. Although it is now easier to read them online, i don't visit blog sites or political hack sites to get information, and i don't need someone else's help to form my opinions. Once again, you display the behavior of someone enraged. You make a completely unwarranted assumption about the source of my opinions. And, once again, all because i questioned how you could know these people are guilty.

Quote:

Yes, i do, they deserve it.
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 11:46 pm
Setanta: 50
Rex:0

Seriously Rex you've spewed off more nonsense remarks than I could keep count of.

Quote:

You can't seriously write that with a straight face. You claim he steals his poiltics and opinions yet YOU'RE the one whose opinions have been spoonfed to you by puppets of the government. You can hardly back up any of you're points because you didn't come to them on your own. They're the pre-packaged byproduct of some political hack.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 09:16 pm
Setanta wrote:
I read newspapers for the information i need to form my opinions. Although it is now easier to read them online, i don't visit blog sites or political hack sites to get information, and i don't need someone else's help to form my opinions.

Newspapers. Now THERE's an unbiased source. Rolling Eyes

And you "don't need someone else's help"....so you don't read the editorial page, right? Just the news stories, scout's honor?
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 10:06 pm
Well It depends on the newspaper...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 12:58 am
As it happens, no, i don't read editorials.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 08:37 pm
Way to go, now lose the rest and you've got it made. Cool
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 09:00 pm
A typically idiotic response.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 09:04 pm
In the words of Lucy Van Pelt, "Don't you know sarcasm when you hear it, Charlie Brown?" Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 09:09 pm
You apparently don't know contempt when it is justifiably hurled at your devoted pate.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 09:12 pm
Setanta wrote:
You apparently don't know contempt when it is justifiably hurled at your devoted pate.

Hurl is what you do best, Setanta.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 09:16 pm
Yeah, i hurl whenever i encounter what passes for thought on your part.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 11:38 am
Setanta wrote:
Yeah, i hurl whenever i encounter what passes for thought on your part.

Perhaps your gastrointestinal malady is due to the overaccumulation of extremely warm gaseous matter.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 11:40 am
It does tend to congregate around the religionist gasbags at this site . . . i really need to frequent a better class of thread . . .
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 10:44 pm
Setanta wrote:
It does tend to congregate around the religionist gasbags at this site . . . i really need to frequent a better class of thread . . .

You've been swallowing them? I was gonna suggest just laying off the CocaCola when I saw the picture, but sounds like you have bigger issues.
0 Replies