Koran at Gitmo

RexRed

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 07:14 pm
I am still fuming about the Koran at Gitmo...

Considering how the Muslims revere the Holy Koran why should we be flushing the Koran down the toilet?

Why should we be putting the Koran into the hands of MURDERS who have shed innocent blood?

Isn't the Koran in their hands worse than if it were flushed down the toilet?

Why should we place the Koran in a terrorist's bloody hand if it is such a holy book? The prisoners at Gitmo should read the writing on the prison walls and not be permitted to soil the Koran by hands that have, shed innocent blood...

Isn't blood of the innocent on the Koran worse than the toilet?

A toilet at least provides a service to humanity, thus it can be forgiven... A terrorist is a disservice to themselves, humanity and Allah. Allah will only forgive a repentant terrorist...

Shouldn't the guilty prisoners have to read the Koran from behind a reinforced steel glass? They should never be permitted to physically touch or hold the holy book again...

Reason, they have UNCLEAN hands... dirtier than a toilet...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,397 • Replies: 59
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 08:05 pm
I see--so you have tried and convicted every one of those red-handed murderers at long distance, eh? How did you accomplish that, mind reading?
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 09:42 pm
I think also that non-Muslims are not allowed (is that too strong a word or should I say "encouraged"?) to handle the Qu'ran - not sure though. I do remember being told that in court that it should be wrapped in clean cloth while it's being handled by a non-Muslim when being delivered into the hands of a Muslim who is about swear an oath on it.

That could be an aggravating factor but I'm not sure on that.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 12:18 am
Setanta wrote:
I see--so you have tried and convicted every one of those red-handed murderers at long distance, eh? How did you accomplish that, mind reading?

Only the most hardened of terrorists for the most part are at Gitmo...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 12:19 am
RexRed wrote:

A statement from authority, which authority i have no reason to believe you possess. How did you come up with this one, mental telepathy again?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 06:32 am
Setanta wrote:
RexRed wrote:

A statement from authority, which authority i have no reason to believe you possess. How did you come up with this one, mental telepathy again?

Obviously you do not listen to our government leaders...

That was a statement from Donald Rumsfeld. But, I am sure you know more than our governments top officials... If you were in touch with current events and actually listened to your countries "leaders'" you would have known where that statement came from...

"Only the most hardened of terrorists for the most part are at Gitmo..."

I happen to trust and am proud of my current government.

http://www.defenselink.mil/bios/rumsfeld.html

I do not come into a discussion saying poor terrorists look how inhumane those murderers are being treated... What about a word of compassion for those slain at their hands?

I won't hold my breath waiting for that from you.

These murders are not in Gitmo because they were caught fighting on the sabbath... they are in there because they were caught shooting at our troops "on the battle field"...

And what do you think a tribunal is? Court... trial... sentence...

Boo hoo for the poor murders...
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 06:35 am
RexReed wrote:
Quote:
These murders are not in Gitmo because they were caught fighting on the sabbath... they are in there because they were caught shooting at our troops "on the battle field"...

Does that make them terrorists, or soldiers?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 06:46 am
Hood also said his investigation found 15 cases of detainees mishandling their own Qurans. "These included using a Quran as a pillow, ripping pages out of the Quran, attempting to flush a Quran down the toilet and urinating on the Quran," Hood's report said. It offered no possible explanation for those alleged abuses.

In the most recent of those 15 cases, a detainee on Feb. 18, 2005, allegedly ripped up his Quran and handed it to a guard, stating that he had given up on being a Muslim. Several of the guards witnessed this, Hood reported.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 06:48 am
I would like to know something about the men who had these Korans. I'd like to know their prison record- are they rude? Do they spew anti-American, anti-Semitic, and/or anti-Christian epithets? What were these men doing when they were captured? Did they beat women in Afghanistan who failed to meet the Taliban dress code? Did they break the heads of men whose beards were too short? (That was another Taliban abuse that Newsweek seemed to have forgotten.) Were any of these characters involved in the destruction of the Buddas of Bamiyan? Did they steal food from World Food Program aid convoys? And if they did, how many times did they commit these crimes against the Afghan people? Yes, call Amnesty International. The investigation seems to be glaringly incomplete.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 07:01 am
Having stated that: "I happen to trust and am proud of my current government."--you lost any iota of credibility you may have had with me. You've no evidence for the extravagent charges you're making other than the words of venal, self-interested politicos who lied their way into an unnecessary war in Iraq. You've no proof that those held at Guantanamo are "hardened terrorists," you ignore the significant qualifier "for the most part," and you piss all over the age-old American cultural value of all such persons being considered innocent until proven guilty.

But is no different from your lunacy when you babble in other threads, so i'm not in the least bit surprised.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 07:07 am
Setanta wrote:
Having stated that: "I happen to trust and am proud of my current government."--you lost any iota of credibility you may have had with me. You've no evidence for the extravagent charges you're making other than the words of venal, self-interested politicos who lied their way into an unnecessary war in Iraq. You've no proof that those held at Guantanamo are "hardened terrorists," you ignore the significant qualifier "for the most part," and you piss all over the age-old American cultural value of all such persons being considered innocent until proven guilty.

But is no different from your lunacy when you babble in other threads, so i'm not in the least bit surprised.

It is just you talking... you do not back up you words with evidence... and who the hell are you?

Certainly not Rumsfeld or Myers...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 07:08 am
I am just as pleased as can be not[/b] to be Rummy . . . who the hell are you? You're puking up a load of crap on a subject about which you know nothing, and you fling such accusations at others?

Pot, meet kettle . . .
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 07:13 am
Setanta wrote:
I am just as pleased as can be not[/b] to be Rummy . . . who the hell are you? You're puking up a load of crap on a subject about which you know nothing, and you fling such accusations at others?

Pot, meet kettle . . .

I know something... you have not posted anything of substance in this post but hate the US rhetoric...

I am glad you are not Rumsfeld too...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 07:16 am
By the by, so far, you've posted the Defense Department bio of Rummy, an article form Frontpagemag--one of the most hilarious conservative propaganda organs on the web, and some joker's blog. Then you talk about the truth--you are incredibly clueless.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 07:20 am
You are lying through your teeth, i've said not one thing which can even remotely be construed as hatred of the United States. I spent three years of my life in the United States Army, what the hell have you ever done for your country? Don't try to pull that crap on me.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 07:30 am
Ex-Gitmo detainees return to terror

ASSOCIATED PRESS
At least seven former prisoners of the United States at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, have returned to terrorism, despite gaining their freedom by signing pledges to renounce violence.

http://washingtontimes.com/national/20041018-124854-2279r.htm

One released detainee killed a judge leaving a mosque in Afghanistan, Cmdr. Plexico said.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 07:30 am
Setanta wrote:
You are lying through your teeth, i've said not one thing which can even remotely be construed as hatred of the United States. I spent three years of my life in the United States Army, what the hell have you ever done for your country? Don't try to pull that crap on me.

What have I done for my country? I have stayed loyal...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 07:34 am
Stayed loyal to what . . . those clowns who run the White House. Are you accusing me of disloyalty because i'm not stupid enough to think that George Bush equals the United States?

You're the hateful one here, you've gotten hysterical because your witless comdemnation of people about whom you know nothing has been challenged. Dictators love people like you, you'd have fit right in with Hitler's Germany.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 07:40 am
January 06, 2005
Suggestion on Terrorist Interrogations
Posted by Frank J. at 01:44 PM
Since everyone seems so sensitive on the issue, so here's what I propose as the new regulations for interrogating a terrorist:

* He will be asked to "please" give us information.

* If no information is given, he will then be asked to "pretty please" give us information.

* If there is still no response, he will finally be asked to "pretty please with sugar on top" give us information.

* Any further requesting would be badgering and could be construed as torture. If given court approval, though, the interrogator could offer to be the terrorist's "very best friend" in exchange for information.

There. That should make everyone happy.

http://www.imao.us/archives/002562.html
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 07:42 am
Are you eager to prove your complete inability to distinguish biased opinion from demonstrable fact?

This whole screed is pathetic.
0 Replies