Anyone else find Facebook boring?

jcboy

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2022 08:26 am
I rarely log in anymore. Facebook has long since moved on from personal posts to memes. For me I only stay on it for messenger and for events around town. Apparently I’m not the only one who feels that way.

Facebook users ditch platform, find the social media giant 'boring', national survey shows

Quote:
It might be a technology giant used by 2.7 billion people, but Australians are losing their interest in Facebook because they think it is boring, according to new research.

Data from the Australian Survey of Social Attitudes (AUSSA) showed people aged between 41–56 find it easiest to ditch social media, followed by the much younger generation Z (aged between 6–24)

6 Year olds? Our oldest son is a teenager and he's not allowed a Facebook account.

View best answer, chosen by jcboy
engineer

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2022 08:45 am
@jcboy,
I gave up on posting anything to FB some years ago. I'll go on once a month to see family pictures but otherwise never bother.
jcboy

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2022 09:01 am
@engineer,
I get messenger from my iPhone so I don’t have to log into Facebook for my messages. I pretty much only login to check local restaurant pages for specials and events in the area.
Mame

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2022 09:12 am
@jcboy,
I got off it a couple of years ago. It's so intrusive - you go on a website and it says, "Log in with Facebook". No, I don't want to log in with Facebook.

Funny that they're saying it's boring. It can't be boring. It's the people on there who are boring. Maybe people will start talking to each other again.
Linkat

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2022 09:32 am
I use it simply to see pictures of family and friends. I guess to me it is not either boring or unboring..just a good way to see family when you live so far away ... Especially the new babies
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2022 09:32 am
@Mame,
And the drama! Some people will post all their personal business out there. Like this one guy I know, he’s in a relationship with someone new every three months. I pissed him off and he deleted me when I said hopefully this one will last more than 90 days! Razz
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2022 09:37 am

yeah, it is kinda boring.

i use it to keep up with family and friends.

i also belong to some groups that i'm active in...
0 Replies

edgarblythe
  Selected Answer

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2022 11:03 am
I don't like Facebook, but it's the only way I can stay in contact with some important people in my life.
Linkat

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2022 11:19 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

And the drama! Some people will post all their personal business out there. Like this one guy I know, he’s in a relationship with someone new every three months. I pissed him off and he deleted me when I said hopefully this one will last more than 90 days! Razz

Although funny you added to the drama...fortunately I don't know anyone who posts things like that...baby pictures showing the babies growing up, big moments like prom, graduation, vacations ... I like all those to see the pictures and going ons...
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2022 11:56 am
It does have an huge pool of contributing members, and, therefore,
is an enormous fount of information.

I recently got partially suspended for posting a direct quote by Joseph Goebbels and cited as such. It's laughable that they must have children moderating who didn't know who Joseph Goebbels was and thought I was rabble-rousing. Of course I was, but I was extrapolating Goebbel's advice on how to use a big lie for propaganda purposes onto Trump, who used the same exact technique in promoting his big lie. I didn't mention Trump, just the Goebbel's quotation by itself.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2022 12:24 pm
I get blocked by people now and then. Sometimes permanently, other times when they get over their mad. Such is life.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2022 12:26 pm
It’s boring to me except for a few outlier friends that I don’t interact with anywhere else, distant past friends from high school, etc—but I’m beginning to really enjoy the hobby groups (I hate you, Mark Zuckerberg). There are local meetups of homesteaders, small yard farmers, and people raising goats, chickens, etc which our fam is planning. Super helpful to collab with these folks.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2022 02:19 pm
One thing I've noticed about facebook: whatever its new name is, it isn't working. Clearly, everybody continues to call it facebook.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2022 03:54 pm
Yep. And full of people looking to exploit others.
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2022 04:30 pm
@jcboy,
I don't find Facebook boring at all, in fact I don't find Facebook period!
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2022 04:49 pm
@edgarblythe,
I only use FB to see pictures of my grandchildren. I don't get FB and my account is 100% faked. I have no "wall", post no photos, follow no one, am followed by no one. My name is fake, my picture is fake, my "bio" is fake.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2022 05:01 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
`You probably think they don't know who you are and where you live. Mr. Green
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2022 05:02 pm
@edgarblythe,
Mainly because I use VPN, it shows an IP address in Dallas.

I have an internet birthday, internet home address, internet history - all made, integrated and having been used for ten years. I have strict cookie curtailment, virus protection and ad stoppers. I don't go to click-bait sites, I don't play "free" games (or any games), I use mozzila's "FB trap" to keep FB from spying, and stay as far away from Google as possible. I have another laptop that is even tighter than this one, I use for the minimal internet shopping I do only. I use different high difficulty password for my programs and change all passwords often and in an irregular pattern.

My "saved password" is different from the actual passwords so someone getting my computer or 'breaking' into it will have a very hard time getting into any of my programs.

They get some info,but not as much as they'd like.

I'm pretty safe.
0 Replies

Doot1998

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 03:14 am
@jcboy,
That's true! Well, actually all social media is kind of boring for me because you know, you can see how addictive they are. Therefore I rather doing yoga with my kids and see how funny they are using kids yoga mat. I can't be more blessed.
0 Replies