I finally got a cake...or did I?

Linkat

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2021 08:12 am
So tomorrow is my birthday and I have had a continuing saga of never getting a birthday cake see below thread for some insight...

https://able2know.org/topic/127491-1

So yesterday my husband cones home from work. He was a bit later than I expected and what do I spy in his hand..but a cake! After all my years of commenting to my family about not getting a cake and various excuses ...well we went to dinner and they brought you a cake or whatever else lame things..a CAKE for me.

But alas my husband points out ...its funny it says Happy 30th birthday! Now I'll be honest I am a little older than 30. He confesses this cake was for a co-worker but due to one person feeling sick, leaving the office and getting a positive covid ... The birthday gurl left as she had party plans and wanted to make sure she was not positive before meeting with friends.

So he brought the cake home and figured it could work for my birthday..... Crying or Very sad

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2021 09:18 am
I would feed it to the garbage disposal. But that's just me.
engineer

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2021 09:36 am
@Linkat,
Wow, I assume this guy has some balancing positive traits.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2021 09:44 am
@edgarblythe,
Going to bring it over my friends house ...we are getting together for an early get together .. Funny thing is ..she is the type to get me a cake.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2021 10:09 am
@Linkat,
Happy Birthday Linkat! What kind of cake so you prefer; carrot, cheese or tres leches?
Linkat

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2021 10:13 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Happy Birthday Linkat! What kind of cake so you prefer; carrot, cheese or tres leches?

Anything dark chocolate!!!
izzythepush

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2021 10:13 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

So tomorrow is my birthday

You and every horse.

Not meant as an insult, all racehorses are officially born on 1st January.

Happy birthday for tomorrow.
Linkat

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2021 10:15 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Linkat wrote:

So tomorrow is my birthday

You and every horse.

Not meant as an insult, all racehorses are officially born on 1st January.

Happy birthday for tomorrow.

That makes me a thoroughbred
izzythepush

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2021 10:35 am
@Linkat,
It does, enjoy a salt lick and a good rub down.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2021 11:04 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Good cake is good cake. And you sir, are clearly a monster for thinking about dumping said cake! Mad Embarrassed Mad
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2021 11:05 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

Anything dark chocolate!!!

I wonder if there's such a thing as a dark chocolate carrot cake? #askingforafriend
Mame

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2021 11:16 am
Happy Birthday, Linkat Smile What a sad little tale of woe, lol. I feel for you - go out to a patisserie and treat yourself!
Linkat

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2021 11:41 am
@Mame,
Not much a dessert person any way... I just found it funny. I got all excited when I saw him carrying the cake in...only to be let down.

I think something like this happened on a sitcom once ...someone picked up a cake for a different occasion because they person ordering it didn't cone by so they got it at a deep discount with the thought to scale the other persons name off.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2021 11:49 am
@tsarstepan,
It should be quite easy to combine two recipes, see how it goes.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2021 11:52 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

So would I.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2021 11:52 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

So would I.

a2k is crawling with monsters! Shocked
izzythepush

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2021 11:54 am
@tsarstepan,
Why not try sticking some chocolate chips in a carrot cake and see how that goes?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2021 11:59 am
@tsarstepan,
Thanks for noticing.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2021 03:46 pm
I say Eat It! And the bonus is your hubby got it for free, lol. Maybe next year you could tell them you want a damn cake. Tell them you want to go out to dinner and bring the cake cuz you don't want the restaurant thing with the sparkler on it.

Speaking of which, I think I was turning 25 and my sisters took me out for dinner - actually, I paid for mine and two of theirs, lol - and I said I didn't want any special attention. Well, not only did I get a brownie with the sparkler, but the staff and it seemed like everyone in there sang Happy Birthday to me. I just hated it. I felt like I was 5 years old.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2021 03:56 pm
I make the cake, but I don't decorate.

The Kid does that which is why his cakes look terrible, but taste great.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I finally got a cake...or did I?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/07/2024 at 06:26:30