Is this ridiculous or what?

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 10:01 am
http://www.adidas.com/1

Yes, now you can have a shoe that adapts the cushioning on your heel as you run...all for only $250. Yes, that's right...$250.

Would you pay that much for a f*cking sneaker?

And if so, how long have you been a moron?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,629 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 10:05 am
I know a kid that is so proud of his shoes that he takes pics of them and puts them up online!!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 10:07 am
I will spend $75 on a pair of tennis shoes and that is really stretching it.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 10:07 am
I paid about $135.00 for a pair of Spira shoes with springs in the toe and heel.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 10:14 am
You can get perfectly good sneakers for $15 or $20 at KMart. I wouldn't pay more than that. All you are doing is funding the managers and stockholders life style.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 10:17 am
Disagree. SAS and Spira walking shoes are distinctly better for my feet than anything I've tried, and I've tried many. I do lots of walking, and do not like sore feet.

Whatever design, though, a good fit is more important than any design feature.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 10:22 am
I've done a lot of walking in my KMart specials, up to six miles at a time on a daily basis. The terrain may have something to do with it, southern New England is fairly benign.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 10:32 am
I just go with whatever gets me out of the bank, into the stolen car, and onto the interstate as quick as possible.

And so far that's been a vintage pair of Kangaroos.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 10:34 am
My feet feel best in New Balance

The new Roos hurt my feet. Cute as hell....but painful.

http://www.shoes.com/productimages/shoes_is52859.jpg

These are the ones I have.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 10:34 am
roger wrote:
Disagree. SAS and Spira walking shoes are distinctly better for my feet than anything I've tried, and I've tried many. I do lots of walking, and do not like sore feet.

Whatever design, though, a good fit is more important than any design feature.

Can you tell me more, Roger?

I will be doing heaps of walking (to and from work) when I start my new job, and I need GOOD shoes.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 10:38 am
Actually, I've been rocking these for four years. Two pairs. When I wear these out I'll go for a third.

http://www.pickyourshoes.com/images/shoes/roma_blk_gum.jpg
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 10:38 am
That's the all black Puma Roma.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 10:39 am
All I ever wear is sneaker. I pay up from $100 for my "good" work sneakers. Since Nike quit making Prestos (the most comfortable shoe in the universe) I now am stuck with Pumas.

My feet really take a beating at work and if I'm thinking about my feet my work suffers.

I will pay for comfort. (But probably not $250)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 10:55 am
'Bout what, dlowan?

Fit? There seem to be two basic lasts out there. Doc Martin, Reebok and a few others give me a good fit in the toe area, but I feel like I'm stepping out of the heel area with every step. SAS and Nike are a perfect fit, with Spira being almost as good. If your toes are free to move, the heel fits, and the arch of the shoe matches the arch of your foot, it's probably a good fit.

I suppose you are walking on pavement. That's worth a more cushy insole. Replaceable insoles are a great innovation, but not always available by the time the originals wear out.

Look at an old pair of shoes. If the wear is heaviest on the outside of the heels, instead of the center, and the wear at the ball of the foot is directly behind the big toe instead of even across the width of the shoe, you might have a pronation problem, which I may be misspelling. Some shoes correct this.
0 Replies

rodeman

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 03:23 pm
Let's see:
"My feet really take a beating at work" to "heaps of walking" to "six miles at a time on a daily basis".....

Jeez, what the hell do you people do for a living....??

Why not just crack your ankles with a ball peen hammer and save yourself the trouble of going to work??

(tongue in cheek)
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 10:09 pm
Acquiunk wrote:

You can get perfectly good sneakers for $15 or $20 at KMart.

Wrong.

Acquiunk wrote:

I wouldn't pay more than that. All you are doing is funding the managers and stockholders life style.

Correct.
But you also get a far superior product.
I never said long lasting and durable...but for the task, you can't beat a customized shoe.
I do draw the line at $100 bucks however.
0 Replies