Football season approaches.

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 06:40 pm
http://www.dack.com/images/weblog/mike-sherman-sleeping.jpg

Football season is right around the corner. By the looks of the above photo, Mike Sherman, head coach of the Green Bay Packers, realizes he's in for a long season.

He's probably thinking, "Jesus Christ, we're not gonna win a friggin' game this season."

or "Of all the teams in the NFL, why did I have to get stuck with the Packers? What a bunch of losers."

I'm looking forward to the Packers going 1-15 this season. They will probably get a lucky bounce somewhere down the line and get their solitary victory at Lambeau, more than likely against the Lions.

Anybody else have a prediction as to what the Packer's record will be this year?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 895 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 08:22 pm
It's July, you drooling fool, Jew-goddam-lie, not August, not Labor Day weekend, not even close to the time we have to start thinking about over drugged thugs crashing into eachother in a pathetic dim imitation of war.

Think beaches, think lemonade, and gin julips and sweetly sweaty warm summer nights of watching fireflies glow over the headlines of another loss for the fukking New York Yankees and several triumphs for the real heros of sport in American --- the beloved Boston Red Sox!!

Twist the cap off this Red Stripe for me.

Joe

ahhhhhhhhhhh
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 08:35 pm
I hate baseball with a passion.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 08:52 pm
Re: Football season approaches.
Gus, of all the threads and forums that I have read through here on A2K, never have I agreed with a statement more then when I saw this:

gustavratzenhofer wrote:
"Of all the teams in the NFL, why did I have to get stuck with the Packers? What a bunch of losers."

You have brought a tear of joy to my eye tonight. Thank you friend.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 09:01 pm
You are welcome, brother.

<races forward and hugs fellow Packer-hater>
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 09:03 pm
<give back hug as well as a firm tap on the ass>
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 09:11 pm
I predict that Brett Favre will get hurt in the last preseason game, and be out for the first five weeks of the season. They will go undefeated during that time with a little known backup at the helm, with an average margin of victory of over three touchdowns.

Favre will come back and lead the team to a 5-11 record. They will be shut out in all 11 of those losses. He will then retire. At his retirement party, three people will show up, and two of them will chase him around the banquet hall with a giant cheese grater, screaming obscenities the whole time. The other will be the bartender, who will refuse to serve him.

His house will be burnt down by angry fair-weater Packers fans, and he will end up living in a cardboard box outside a small restaurant somewhere in small-town Wisconsin.

OCCOMBILL will feed him leftovers for a few weeks, until Brett becomes bitter and demanding, at which point, even that nut OCCOMBILL will disown him.

He will be found in late March, still in his Packers uniform, frozen to death like a Green and Yellow popsicle.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 11:49 pm
I'm planning a trip to Canada in a few months. I had a look at the fares and it's a stupid amount to get from here to Toronto but cheaper to get from here to NY and Amtrak it to TO or to get to LA and take a domestic flight to Pearson. I might have to put a couple of days aside to go and see the Rams in St Louis or wherever they're playing as I'm tracking through the States on the way to TO. Heck I'd even go to Green Bay to watch the Rams win.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 03:18 am
Quote:
I hate baseball with a passion.

Another of your ridiculous rants. Well, I shall leave you with your grief knowing it could be worse, I have friends who are New York Giants Fans.

be well

J
0 Replies