3

'When Are We Going To Wake Up?': Tim Ryan Lays Out What’s At Stake.

Real Music

3  
Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2021 05:33 pm
This is my message to the Democratic party.

Tim Ryan is providing the blueprint on how the democrats can keep both
the Senate and the House in the upcoming midterm elections.

-2  
Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2021 05:38 pm
@Real Music,
You're wrong about that. The Democrats are going to be crushed in 2022 no matter what they do.

And rightfully so. They've become a force for evil and injustice.

-3  
Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2021 05:41 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

you could just not comment...

Sure... but then this thread would group think. This is partisan nonsense.

If you go to a right wing site, you will find a bunch of people proclaiming that Trump is DEMOLISHING the liberals, and Marjorie Taylor Green is DESTROYING the socialists.

If you step out of your ideological bubble, this extreme rhetoric really is silly.

I would like to see legislatures do a little less DEMOLISHING and a little more working, deliberating, legislating and governing. Government shouldn't be confused with fight club.
snood

2  
Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2021 07:32 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

you could just not comment...

That would require self-restraint. And class.

bobsal u1553115

4  
Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2021 07:42 pm
@maxdancona,
"Sure... but then this thread would group think. This is partisan nonsense."

And that was pure nonsense.

But getting everyone to think as you (or as little as you) wouldn't be "group think". when you say group think, you mean "all those I disagree with."

I think you don't argue points, you just argue. It's tiring. Useless. And I'm done.

-3  
Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2021 09:58 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I am arguing a very clear point.

Tim Ryan is "DEMOLISHING" and "SLAMMING" and "TORCHING" the Republicans. Except, the Republicans think they are demolishing and slamming and torching the Democrats.

It is just two sides being driven by the extremes being unable to make progress just screaming at each other.

The partisan mobs on each side apparently love a good screaming match. It isn't progress and it sure isn't good government.

-4  
Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2021 10:01 pm
Our politics are based on the theory that getting your own partisans riled up is more important than building a coalition. Most of the focus of American politics is driving outrage, anger and division. This is true for both parties.

I don't know if this is truly the best political strategy (although both parties seem convinced it is the way to win elections). I think it is sad.
Real Music

3  
Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2021 11:46 am
@maxdancona,
In my opinion, I truly believe that Tim Ryan has provided the correct blueprint to energize
(both) Democrats and Independents to vote democrat in this upcoming midterm election.

-2  
Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2021 08:35 pm
@Real Music,
OK, I accept your opinion. I probably would vote for Tim Ryan if I lived in Ohio (although I don't think he has much chance).

My point is about the ridiculous rhetoric, both in his speech and in the characterization that he is DESTROYING Republicans. In truth, these speeches are generally made in most empty chambers for a partisan audience. I doubt any Republicans even heard the speech, let alone being destroyed or even concerned by it. This is partisan silliness.

Rather than these scare tactics, I would rather hear about policy, and particularly about how Tim Ryan can work across the aisle to get real work done.

Mame

2  
Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2021 08:43 pm
@Real Music,
Yeah, we get it. We get it. We get it. You're as repetitive as a dripping faucet and you make about as much sense. It's boring.

-1  
Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2021 09:07 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:
and you make about as much sense.

I hate to defend a person who is as horrible as RM, but when you can't understand what people are talking about, you should go find a conversation that is more suited to your ability (or lack thereof).

Real Music

3  
Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2021 09:32 pm
@Mame,

1. If you think I give a damn about what you think, you really truly have lost your mind.

2. But, if you wish to engage in an discussion with me, bring it on.

3. Just so you know. I will continue to post what I want to post.

4. If you don't like it, I don't give a ****.

-3  
Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2021 09:52 pm
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:

Ha Ha! That is hilarious.

I am pretty sure that Mame intended that attack for me, and that she was actually posting in support RealMusic. But she fucked up the reply and both Oralloy and RealMusic misinterpreted. This is what in the military is called "friendly fire".

This whole interaction made me chuckle.

-2  
Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2021 10:12 pm
@maxdancona,
If so, that's Karma at its finest. She really isn't a very nice person.

But do note that my reply to what she said is mostly the same if her post is directed at you.

I wouldn't feel guilty about defending you though, like I did defending RM.

-2  
Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2021 10:14 pm
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:

The thing is, when you bully people that you disagree with, that really isn't very nice.

It's great that you post your own viewpoints, but it would be nice if you showed a little tolerance for people who differ.

After all, if everyone always agreed on every subject, discussions here would get pretty boring.

3  
Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2021 10:23 pm
@Real Music,
Ryan is more in tune with what I have been saying for years than most of our politicians. I don't know enough about him to endorse him outright, but his words here are at least a start.

Real Music wrote:

Watch Rep. Tim Ryan on the House Floor passionately explain what’s in Biden’s bill and how it will
help make the American people’s lives better.

Published: Nov 3, 2021

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsumjnDdWoU[/youtube]
Real Music

3  
Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2021 03:25 am
@edgarblythe,

1. The more I learn about him, the more I like him.

2. I am hoping that democrats all over the nation duplicate Tim Ryan's blueprint.

3. I believe that if the democratic party choose to follow Tim Ryan's lead, that the dems will keep both the House and the Senate in this upcoming midterm election.

4. Tim Ryan has the blueprint to energize (both) Democrats and Independents to vote democrat in this upcoming midterm election all over the nation.

Real Music

3  
Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2021 03:54 am
@maxdancona,
Ha Ha! That is hilarious.

This whole interaction made me chuckle.

1. Max, I am pretty sure that Mame intended that attack for me.
2. You seem to be left with the impression that me and Mame get along.
3. Let me set you straight Max. Me and Mame don't get along.
4. I assure you that I responded to the appropriate person.
5. If you don't know Max, I do have a recent history with Mame and it's not good.
6. Your "friendly fire" theory doesn't hold water.

-2  
Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2021 06:08 pm
@Real Music,
I like to think that Mame is all mine. I guess you and I have something in common then.